spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MONICA17

@velcom.ca

Ordered Internet/TV and none are installed or modems sent!

Ordered Internet/TV and none are installed or modems sent!
I am very upset with this company, that I paid on the 29th of August 2013 to have Internet installed, as well as TV. Paid for 2 modems, one for the Internet and one for the TV. Paid for the internet 39.95 and TV premium also 39.95 one month free, plus renting the modems, so that I can get my deposit back as well as, Rogers Technician to come and install all of the above. Total paid was $253.80.

After several calls to VMedia, during this period between 29th of August and 05th of September, I was advised that my modems have not been shipped yet, as apparently, this company had not received confirmation from the Rogers Technician, when he is supposed to come. My business is with VMedia, not with the Rogers Technician, correct me if I am wrong.

I just talked to one of their reps on the 4th and 5th of September 2013 and asked to have a tracking number sent to me for the 2 modems that I paid for. I have logged in my account after the last call on the 5th of September 2013 and it shows, that my internet is due to start on the 8th of September 2013. How am I going to do that with 1. No modem..I was assured repeatedly, that they use FedEx and I can get the modem by Saturday morning, which is 7th of September 2013. No mentioning of the TV, VBox that was paid or when it will be installed.

I asked for their address and was advised by their rep Sony that I will get a call back on the 6th of September 2013 where I want to hear 2 things:

1. Tracking number for Internet modem and Vbox sent by FedExD
2. Date of installation, which should be 08th of September 2013.

I am not hearing any of these tomorrow, then I want all my money back, as I do not like "monkey business"...The order was placed through their website, it is confirmed, money debited from my credit card and I want to see, what I have paid for..not some "empty" e-mail with an invoice, that doesn't do anything for me.

So, tomorrow VMedia you have a deadline, either deliver or refund the money and I will put more reviews about you on other websites, in terms of

1. how you understand to run your business and scam consumers unaware of your reputation or methods involved.

ah well

@videotron.ca

yeah, dishing out a few hundred bucks in one shot and not having anything to show for it can lead to some anxiety. No one will blame you for that.

But, they are indeed at the mercy of Rogers. All 3rd party rogers wholesalers are. Your story isn't unique.

Give them till Monday at least. They aren't a scam.

Rogers is playing games lately with all the resellers. Rogers is actually purposely causing delays and problems while they have a marketing campaign going on (TV commercials) stating how you won't have any delays.

It's a situation that belongs in court.

One of the people involved with Vmedia participates in this forum. George Berger, »ca.linkedin.com/pub/george-burger/16/b44/613. Pretty honest and good guy. Very good fighter for competition at the CRTC as well. He will likely reply here once he see's this post (if he does).

So while you're upset, and spent a lot of money and nothing to show for it it, you can rest assured you didn't get scammed. But it's possible things can be a couple of days late.

Hang in there. Worth it.

eweazel

join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to MONICA17

Again someone who knows how to post a complaint but will not read or accept that all TPIA have to run through either Rogers or Bell.

Yes you pay VMedia but like all the other complaints from everyone else , the answer will be the same, they are at the mercy of Bell or whoever the cable company is in your area.

You post on here , so you probably know that, but still like to pretend you are different, and calling a company a scammer because even though they explained to you what the situation is , its not what you want to hear.

Expand your moderator at work

MONICA17

@velcom.ca
reply to ah well

Re: Ordered Internet/TV and none are installed or modems sent!

OK, "ah well"...but what about Velcom? They do not wish to refund the money on their modem, so at least I can recoup some of the costs incurred..So now, I have 1 Bell modem, 1 useless Velcom modem and if VMedia delivers, another modem..What am I going to do with all of these?

Expand your moderator at work

WiFi
It's In The Air

join:2002-06-06
NiagaraFalls
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to MONICA17

Re: Ordered Internet/TV and none are installed or modems sent!

Buyer beware. Oh, and it's not exactly appropriate to accuse them of scamming you UNTIL the install date they said has come and gone and you have nothing. AS a previous author stated, wait until Monday, If nothing has happened, simply cancel all the credit card charges and tell your cc they did not deliver. Oh, you might want to ask Bell if they need their modem back. If you rented it, they might want it.
--
Type slowwer..I can't keep up!

MONICA17

@velcom.ca
reply to MONICA17

Reply to eweazel..on his post

Listen buddy, I do not know who you are, my story is that I paid, within 30 days between 31st of July and 29th of August 2013, close to $400.00 to 2 companies for wireless Internet and TV and have none.

At the end of the day, no matter how you wish to make it sound, from my point of view, Velcom are incompetents and VMedia are scammers. If you were in my situation you will feel the same, I can assure you..so until then shut up or come with relevant advice not crap which I do not need it,..have enough of it from Velcom and VMedia..OK...

P.S Will also file in Small claim court against Velcom and will get my money back as they did not deliver what they promised..I have to get some money back from them if the Bank was not successful the adjudicator will..As for you making excuses that these 2 companies are resellers of either Bell or Rogers I do not care..They knew what they were doing when they advertised through newspapers or Internet..That is the cost of doing business..either you know what you are doing or not, Velcom for sure, it does not..Wait, until I put these comments on other websites...they will lose more money and customers than I already lost, how's that?

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Acanac

2 edits

1 recommendation

said by Anon80:

Reply to eweazel..on his post

Listen buddy, I do not know who you are, my story is that I paid, within 30 days between 31st of July and 29th of August 2013, close to $400.00 to 2 companies for wireless Internet and TV and have none.

At the end of the day, no matter how you wish to make it sound, from my point of view, Velcom are incompetents and VMedia are scammers. If you were in my situation you will feel the same, I can assure you..so until then shut up or come with relevant advice not crap which I do not need it,..have enough of it from Velcom and VMedia..OK...

P.S Will also file in Small claim court against Velcom and will get my money back as they did not deliver what they promised..I have to get some money back from them if the Bank was not successful the adjudicator will..As for you making excuses that these 2 companies are resellers of either Bell or Rogers I do not care..They knew what they were doing when they advertised through newspapers or Internet..That is the cost of doing business..either you know what you are doing or not, Velcom for sure, it does not..Wait, until I put these comments on other websites...they will lose more money and customers than I already lost, how's that?

I don't know what happened with Velcom and you haven't said, but you are posting from @velcom.ca, so you do have service from them.

As far as modem goes, typically you buy your modem with TPIA's like Velcom and Vmedia. Some TPIA's have rental options, but most go the purchased route. Now, if your service through Velcom is cable and you are going cable through Vmedia, you should have been able to use the same modem. However Velcom is under no obligation to refund you your purchase of the modem. You bought and paid for it back in July, it would seem. As for your Bell modem, you could have rented through Bell.....

The situation you described with Vmedia is an extremely common one. This has nothing to do with them at all. It is completely on Roger's end. This is the way it works--you place an order with Vmedia, they open an install with Rogers. Rogers does not give them an install date immediately. They wait for one, then eventually Rogers will give them 3 days to chose from. On top of all this monkey business, expect to have the install date missed by Rogers and having to re-schedule it. I mean no offense here/done some research when I say this but if you had read the forums here, you would already know all of this.

This is completely out of Vmedia's control and would be the same situation for all of the IISP's/TPIA's. When dealing with an IISP, you have to realize and expect these delays, among other things. It's, quite simply, the cost of getting such a great deal. Depending on what package you go on and how much you use, you could be saving between tens and hundreds of dollars per month. When you put it into perspective like this, the headaches you deal with by going IISP versus incumbents are well worth it. Plus you get the added bonus of being able to tell Bell/Rogers/etc to go screw themselves, which is priceless IMHO.

PS. Coming on here guns blazing is not going to help your situation at all. We are a pretty good group of people here and will try to help out as best we can. George is an awesome guy and I'm sure if you PM him with your issues, he will do everything he can to help out. Yelling from the roof tops that they are scammers, when clearly they are not and have 1000's of customers now and threatening to sue is not going to net you any help from anyone. Calm down and lose the attitude and people will be more than willing to assist. Also, waiting a week for an install is nothing. Most IISP's will tell you it's a 3 to 4 week waiting period. When I ordered my Ebox connection, I did so months in advance (so much so they couldn't even put me in the system yet) and now am making the switch to Acanac, I ordered 6 weeks in advance. You need to give the IISP's time as they are truly at the mercy of the Incumbents.

Alternatively, if you feel you absolutely must do something and that you were wronged in some fashion you can file complaints with the CCTS and have them try to resolve the situation to your satisfaction, though I will warn you....If you appear to be uncooperative and stubborn and start name-calling like you did here, they likely won't be of much help.

Nitra

join:2011-09-15
Montreal
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

Something is off with your first order, you say you have DSL with Velcom on a dry loop. Yet you're connected with dialup?

You also said you were waiting on Vmedia to confirm the Rogers tech, yet you ordered 25 Meg, and only 6 Meg was available. Rogers wouldn't install that, Bell would, it's DSL not cable at that speed.

GeorgeBurger

join:2011-12-30
kudos:2
reply to MONICA17

Hi Monica I responded to you on the other thread before I read this, but I guess my concern is that someone in our shop gave you the impression you would be up and running a week. I would like to know who you talked to because we have extensively examined our communications regarding installations, and there is no way anyone should have suggested you would be up in a week. As rednekcowboy said, 3-4 weeks is more typical, because we have to submit the order, along with your preferred install dates(and we make clear on our site that those are preferred dates-we cannot guarantee any of them, we are always stuck with the dates we are given), and then wait for the confirmation from the incumbent provider. So please let me know who you spoke with and what they told you, because I should clarify our communication with them again.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to Nitra

said by Nitra:

you ordered 25 Meg, and only 6 Meg was available. Rogers wouldn't install that, Bell would, it's DSL not cable at that speed

Incorrect. Rogers does offer both 6 and 25 Mbps packages through TPIA (though VMedia does not seem to directly offer the 6Mbps cable package).

Nitra

join:2011-09-15
Montreal

There's a few things off with the story bt, in another thread she said she had a dry-loop, but was now on dialup because the dryloop didn't work, and there was no sync.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada

Yeah, based on her other comments it does sound like the 6Mbps was DSL, the 25Mbps is cable.

MONICA17

@velcom.ca
reply to rednekcowboy

I already have solved my issues with VMedia today. The modems were shipped via Fedex, have a tracking number from them in writing and by talking to their rep yesterday, as well as today.

Rogers will install probably on the 3rd day I chose to, which should be on Tuesday. The reason I was so mad was because of this Velcom whom I paid 131.08 for wirelless internet and never got it. I alos posted the situation with Velcom but that was not uploaded yet. When I called in August VMedia to inquire about adding TV on top of Velcom's supposed to be wireless Internet I was told by one of VMedia reps over the phone, that:

1. It is possible
2. They are PARTNERS..

So, you can imagine that after being deceived by Velcom, who did not deliver at all, what they promised, I was getting mad thinking that this company VMedia is associated with them and I will lose more money, than I have already lost with the other company Velcom.

The fact that I have an account with Velcom, is because I did not do proper research at my end and paid the price for it. I paid for tireless and had for 1 month Ethernet hooked up on 1 laptop. The other 2 did not work, as their tech support could not create the network. On top of this I have VoiP phone that I have to disconnect each and every time I was on the computer. So basically I had dial up like in 2000, only at a higher speed. Each time I was logging in with Velcom's modem the IP address was changing, phone not working, etc, etc. Luckily house alarm can function without this phone. tried plugging in the phone modem into the Velcom's modem like I did with Bell, that di dnot work. It was one or the other one. I had people telling me that they tried to call my number and because I was on the internet not only they could not reach me and leave a message to my voice mail, the phone message was that I was disconnected or the customer at this cellular number is not available, etc. What cellular number, my line with Vonage is a land line.

Now, while I am writing this, picked up my phone and you can hear static sounds the same when you used to have dial up Internet. The other message I am having is: "This telephone line can not register to the Vonage network, etc...

I tried unsuccessfully to get my money back form this Velcom, by filling a consumer refund right on the same day I have received my modem on the 8th of August 2013, escalated the matter to their manager.

I was hung up many times by their Staff, or tech support. So tomorrow is my last day with Velcom. Paid 131.08 for 1 month for dial up, not wireless, couldn't use my land line meanwhile and each and every time I want to make a call, have to disconnect Velcom Internet modem and Connect Bell modem through which Vonage is working. Had Vonage for 1 year, did not have an issue with it, until I got this Velcom modem sent to me. Am hoping that the new VMedia modem will not give me the same "headaches".

WiFi
It's In The Air

join:2002-06-06
NiagaraFalls
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

I don't think many people are surprised that you were hung up on a few times. Had I been one of those CSR's having to field your abusive obsessive calls, I would have formally requested that the company fire you as a customer. If you are not going to be reasonable, don't expect much help.

So you wasted a lot of time and words here when there really was no problem to start with? Excuse me, but there are a lot of people here with a lot of expertise that are willing to help people. When you start name calling and LIBELING persons and companies, you're going to find that the help you are looking for won't be there. You might also find yourself trying to save your DSLR account or worse, on the end of a libel suit. I suggest that you might want to tone it down, stick with the facts and spare us all the BS that we really didn't need. An apology to everyone here would also go a long way.
--
Type slowwer..I can't keep up!

MONICA17

@velcom.ca

No need for appology and if there is one needed that should have been to me as a consumer which was promised wireless and delivered dial up type of internet, back in the nineties. This "Velcom" was the worst company I had dealt over the years with, tomorrow is the last day with them and couldn't be happier.

MONICA17

@velcom.ca
reply to GeorgeBurger

Hi,

I have spoke to Jennifer, Sai, Pedro and Sony and each of them confirmed 1 week or 10 business days.

I have already tracked the FedEx-ed package I can see that was picked up and will await delivery. Afterwards was told by Sony today that the latest Rogers Tech will come is on the 10th of September 2013. I have signed up and paid trough your website, which asked me for 3 delivery dates..I have indicated 8, 9 and 10th of September 2013.

This is a copy of my online account with you:

Service Price Starts
1 - Canadian Premium Basic $0.00 08-Sep-2013
2 - Equipment Rent (STB) $5.95 08-Sep-2013
3 - Internet 25M (RG) $39.95 08-Sep-2013
4 - Equipment Rent (MODEM) $5.95 08-Sep-2013

I am not here to make trouble..I am the type of person and consumer, that if you told me something and also put it online, I will hold you to it, as you said it, not me, I did not come up with it.

Should I have been told from the beginning, that sending the equipment and installation is up to the "mighty" Rogers tech, I would have had second thoughts in signing with you. So, my suggestion to you, is to let the future customers know exactly these..please see above, so that people know what or not to expect and the timeframe too...

MONICA17

@velcom.ca
reply to WiFi

VMedia is moving towards whatever they told me, I will get from them. Hope, that my VoiP phone will work through their modem. As soon as this is happening, Bell modem goes back to Bell, I have no use of it.

MONICA17

@velcom.ca
reply to MONICA17

Maybe I did not make myself clear. Velcom send a wireless modem that could not be connected as a wireless device. Their tech could not help me create the wireless network. Therefore I have functioned for 21 days with a modem which is wireless connected to my laptop as an Ethernet which a cable. During this time I couldn't use my phone at the same time with the internet as they clash..Not my fault..so the wireless modem acted for me as a "dial up", only at a higher speed..

If you remember when you had dial up you couldn't use the phone at the same time with. At the same time, membe your computer. This is what I meant...at the same time members of my family had to go to the local library in order to use their laptops and use the library's wireless network which was working of course..

In terms of sueing, I already looked into this, with the Small Claims Court, even have the forms from them..Because this company is in Brampton and I am in North York, I can start claim procedures in here, but have to go to court in Brampton..too much hassle...however other consumers need to know what the situation with Velcom is, so they do not use them and end up like me..I have also asked John the manager of Velcom to send somebody to my place to fix the problem of the wireless network so that I can continue using their services:

His replies were:

1. It will cost me $95.00 extra, for somebody from their company, to come and fix the wireless network
2. Get my own technician and pay more money, as nobody works for free
3. Use their Tech support, who only managed to put me online with 1 laptop connected through the cable. I have cancelled my account less than 3 days after my services started on the 08th of August 2013, so 7th of September 2013 is my last day..Thank you very much for nothing!

If you were in my situation you would have been mad too, I can assure you of that.

This is who Velcom is:

»who.is/whois/velcom.com/

I should have done my research before signing with them not at the end..So in the end is my fault
for picking the wrong product for me..That's all

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON

This thread is pretty confusing but this "wireless modem" you were sent, does it have only ONE Ethernet port?

MONICA17

@radiant.net

It has 4 ports, however the tech staff from Velcom only managed to make me use 1, in which I have plugged in the yellow cable for the Ethernet and this is how I functioned for 21 days.

I did not use the modem, which is wireless for the purpose that I got it, as Velcom tech support did not manage to help me create a wireless network, so that now, I will still be their customer instead of being on this website, venting my frustration. My account should have ended today at midnight, it ended last night, after 1AM. Tried to connect in vain, now am at the library.

Monday am calling CCTS and will try and get my money back, or at least part of it. The modem is part of WireSpeed data Gateway, 1st type. Anyhow, the subject with Velcom is obsolete as of now, as am no longer their customer and couldn't be happier...

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to bt

said by bt:

said by Nitra:

you ordered 25 Meg, and only 6 Meg was available. Rogers wouldn't install that, Bell would, it's DSL not cable at that speed

Incorrect. Rogers does offer both 6 and 25 Mbps packages through TPIA (though VMedia does not seem to directly offer the 6Mbps cable package).

I do not know the merits of th OP's case, but yes, 6Mbps IS a valid speed for a lot of providers, for DSL on most of the Bell network, for Cable on the Rogers AND Cogeco networks, and it is usually available thru most IISPs, thru whichever of these networks that they offer service.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to MONICA17

said by MONICA17 :

....I have spoke to Jennifer, Sai, Pedro and Sony and each of them confirmed 1 week or 10 business days....

Something is weird in THAT statement alone, as 10 Biz days = 2 Calendar weeks (5 per).

If THEY said it to you in EXACTLY those words, then THEY did not understand their own policies, and/or were reading from flawed CS script sheets.

MONICA17

@radiant.net

Now am content, I have the 2 modems shipped. Called FedEx and they will deliver Monday, 9th of September 2013. I am awaiting installation on the 10th of September 2013. I will keep you posted of what has happened and how the services work..

loyd

join:2012-09-24
Niagara Falls, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac

Would not be surprising if CS agents did not want to deal with OP anymore and so OP ended up with misconfigured modem. In that case OP will not get any money back. Services have been rendered if they were used or not. The line lying idle costs the same as line in continuous use.

I am not in telco biz, and in my office clients either know what they are buying or they don't buy it, no such thing as tech support (e.g. Canadian Tire is not required to teach people cook if they buy pan from them). If customer is friendly, we go over and beyond and help them even if they are ignorant. But if customer is ignorant and also nasty, they get hanged up on and emails are filed without reply.

MONICA17

@radiant.net

You sir, are obsolete, as of now..this was regarding Velcom..am done with them..The other company I sign up with, VMedia, already sent me the modems for both TV and Internet. On the 13th of September 2013, the Rogers Tech will come to install a cable modem for the Net. I will install the TV modem myself.

Please do not reply to me, unless is something that makes sense and is of interest to everybody. Thank you.