uniqs
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth

Premium Member

[Cable TV] Free HBO Weekend??

There was a system message pushed out back in late July, but as I've pointed out before, in 2011

»[Cable TV] When Was That Free Preview & What Channels?

those messages automatically disappear off the cable box after a couple of weeks. I have not seen any new messages since then, and as before, I've stated that the message should be pushed out 14 days before the free preview so customers can look over the listings in their cable box guide. Apparently Mediacom still has the same old problem of sending out messages about free previews WAY to early, only to have the message disappear off their cable box weeks before the start of the preview weekend. As of 9:31 CDT 9/5/2013 there's still no new message on the box since the first one in late July.

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude

Yeah I remember seeing that message some time last month, and just like you, I thought why are we getting this message this early?

Nevertheless, Google provided this result: »www.freepreview.tv/hbo/r ··· end.html. According to that site, it's this weekend.

ltsnow
Premium Member
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA

ltsnow to wth

Premium Member

to wth
Thanks. I'm not seeing Cinemax yet and these previews usually start at 6:00 AM. Just like you guys I have not seen this in the messages recently.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The HBO free preview does not include Cinemax. Bill messages from cycles 7/22-8/21 erroneously included "CINEMAX" in the message. From 9/6-9/9, you will be able to enjoy the HBO Free Preview.
Tekki
join:2007-03-22

Tekki to wth

to wth
What is the channel numbers for the free channels? This offer applies if you have no cable box? If a cable box is required, when will Mediacom be delivering this to all their customers? Or.. is this a hoax to try and get customers to order a box just to participate in the free weekend? I look forward to the 'free viewing' weekend.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You can see the channel lineup for you area here: »mediacomtoday-lineup.com/
Tekki
join:2007-03-22

Tekki

I tried the HBO channels that were listed on the mediacomtoday-lineup.com website. No luck. My television and my computer will not let me watch those channels.

I have a digital TV but it only connects to a few digital channels, (ch. 1-101 or 80-100 etc...) no HBO. I also tried to connect via my Digital Media Center PC, and even though it's connected to digital cable and played the digital channels before, it only connected to analog channels (3, 10, 12, etc). What's up? What happened to my digital connection? What do I need to view HBO?

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude to wth

to wth
You'll need a box or cablecard. HBO isn't in the clear. Only channels on my system that are in the clear are locals.
CR Hawkeye
join:2008-01-16
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR Hawkeye to wth

to wth
I have a cable card with a TIVO and I'm not getting HBO. I'm getting "This channel is not authorized. Contact your cable provider for more information (V58)". Do you need to have a cable box to get the free preview?

kwbelt1
join:2006-06-03
Harrisburg, IL

kwbelt1

My TiVo is showing HBO without a problem.

Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

said by kwbelt1:

My TiVo is showing HBO without a problem.

Same here...no problem at all.
CR Hawkeye
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR Hawkeye

Thanks. Still no HBO for me. I'm contacting Mediacom Support to see if they can help.
CR Hawkeye

CR Hawkeye

Not sure I understand. According to "Red" I need to subscribe to Digtial Starz to get the "FREE PREVIEW" because the Preview is for HBO on Demand. Waiting for a call back.

Red: It shows here that you are not yet subscribed with Digital Starz.
Red: You need this service to access those channels under Digital Premium HBO Group.
Red: You can get it for $5.95 and a 1 time fee of $2.00 to activate it. Would you like to add that to your account?
Red: I have fully checked our system and it shows here that in order to get this certain service, we need to add HBO Tier here on your account.
Red: That is because this preview is for the HBO On Demand.
You: On Mediacom Facebook site: Enjoy Mediacom’s HBO® FREE PREVIEW now thru Monday, 9/9 in digital, HD & On Demand!
Red: Thank you for letting me know.
Red: I am sorry for the confusion.
Red: Right now, there is no complete information from my end yet regarding this service, however, I can have someone contact you regarding this matter.

Bierboy
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

said by CR Hawkeye:

Not sure I understand. According to "Red" I need to subscribe to Digtial Starz to get the "FREE PREVIEW" because the Preview is for HBO on Demand. Waiting for a call back.

Red: It shows here that you are not yet subscribed with Digital Starz.
Red: You need this service to access those channels under Digital Premium HBO Group.
Red: You can get it for $5.95 and a 1 time fee of $2.00 to activate it. Would you like to add that to your account?
Red: I have fully checked our system and it shows here that in order to get this certain service, we need to add HBO Tier here on your account.
Red: That is because this preview is for the HBO On Demand.
You: On Mediacom Facebook site: Enjoy Mediacom’s HBO® FREE PREVIEW now thru Monday, 9/9 in digital, HD & On Demand!
Red: Thank you for letting me know.
Red: I am sorry for the confusion.
Red: Right now, there is no complete information from my end yet regarding this service, however, I can have someone contact you regarding this matter.

Wow, is that a load of schtako....it's a free preview of all of HBO, not just In Demand...
CR Hawkeye
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR Hawkeye

Yes, I agree. And of course Mediacom never got back to me to explain why its not working.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I'll look into this. Could you send me a personal message with your account or phone number?
CR Hawkeye
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR Hawkeye

Sent message. Thanks.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You are welcome.
CR Hawkeye
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR Hawkeye

Chad, thanks for looking into this. I'm curious about your answer though:

"Thank you. Unfortunately you will need a Mediacom rented Cable box to view these channels during the free preview."

According to previous posts "Bierboy" and "kwbelt1", they are able to view with Tivo's. So, is this correct? Do you need a Cable box to view FREE HBO preview?

Bierboy
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

said by CR Hawkeye:

Chad, thanks for looking into this. I'm curious about your answer though:

"Thank you. Unfortunately you will need a Mediacom rented Cable box to view these channels during the free preview."

According to previous posts "Bierboy" and "kwbelt1", they are able to view with Tivo's. So, is this correct? Do you need a Cable box to view FREE HBO preview?

Reason we can see it is because we have CableCARDS in our TiVos...and we pay to rent them (albeit less than a box; we pay $1.99/card)....

The Mediacom boxes have CableCARDS inside them.
CR Hawkeye
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR Hawkeye

Funny, because I have 3 Tivos with Cable Cards and I can't get a (real) reason why I couldn't get the free preview. Chad?

Bierboy
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

Sorry I missed your post indicating you had a TiVo with CableCARD...

kwbelt1
join:2006-06-03
Harrisburg, IL

kwbelt1 to CR Hawkeye

to CR Hawkeye
No idea why the Chads said you have to have a cable box.
But, I had to have my card paired about 5 times before one of the Chads got it right. I couldn't get a lot of the analog channels, one repair got those back. Then I couldn't get the analog showtime/starz channels. Three repairs later one of them got it working for me... Maybe it was a bad provision?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to CR Hawkeye

Premium Member

to CR Hawkeye
Hey CR Hawkeye, I know we've gone over this a bit more in our IMs, but I wanted to touch base here as well and make sure everything was squared away now. There's definitely no reason these shouldn't have come through your CableCards over the weekend, sorry for the misinformation!