WiFi
It's In The Air
join:2002-06-06
NiagaraFalls

WiFi to Dj Eclipse

to Dj Eclipse

Re: Iktel Outage - September 4, 2013

said by Anon80:

Has anyone been able to get a hold of them to cancel? I just sent a email and of course they are not answering the phone.

Start says we need to have a cancellation date form them in order to save the 50.0 connection feel

Disclaimer: I do not endorse iKtel and I have not pecuniary interest in the company, in fact, I cannot recommend them. (If you read my review, that's quite obvious)

I have spoken directly with one of iKtel's decision makers. Bottom line is: the incumbent is trying to crush them, and they are doing a good job of it. The latest outage was not anticipated and it "appears" to be a deliberate action to shut down iKtel by frustrating more customers that will make them do exactly what a lot of you are saying you will do - go elsewhere.

As much as I'm not impressed with Alan's lack of communication and inability to manage the business side of his company, I will say that it is my professional opinion that he is getting a raw deal from the incumbent. At this point, if ANY of you are really that interested in staying with them, it's up to YOU to do something about it. That "something" is: File a personal and formal complaint with the CRTC. Don't bother to contact the incumbent, send a letter/email directly to the Chairman of the CRTC and ask them why they create rules and then refuse to enforce them consistently. That is a HUGE issue in this whole mess. All of the issues over the past few months are not only attacks on iKtel, but attacks on the TPIA industry. Any of you that were around when the DSL wholesale industry first started will remember the same things happened with many of the small startups. Bell attempted and were successful in crushing many of them quickly through the same unethical tactics.

Bottom line is this: This is not just an attack on iKtel, it's an attack on the entire TPIA industry. This incumbent is starting with the smallest company that has the smallest resources because they know they are the easiest target. Once they have fried iKtel, they will target another company...and another....and another.

Folks, this is not over, it has just started.

What are you all going to do about it? Let me guess, based on the majority track record, you'll all sit back on your ASSES and WHINE AND COMPLAIN....and that's about it. Help yourself, but if you don't get off your backsides and be proactive to provide support to your TPIA, the industry will be gone within about 2 years and we will all be back to having one company to deal with.

And that's the kind of day it's been! (Apologies to Lloyd Robertson

PS Please, don't bother to PM me and ask for more information. Yes, I'm an insider but I am not at liberty to say any more than what you have just read. Not trying to be uncooperative but if I see any PM's about this, they will be deleted without reading. And, no, I won't answer any questions here, either.

Reeaally
@videotron.ca

Reeaally

Anon

said by WiFi:

I have spoken directly with one of iKtel's decision makers. Bottom line is: the incumbent is trying to crush them, and they are doing a good job of it. The latest outage was not anticipated and it "appears" to be a deliberate action to shut down iKtel by frustrating more customers that will make them do exactly what a lot of you are saying you will do - go elsewhere.

Sounds like more BS from this company.

At least provide some objective evidence to this hand me down 3rd party hearsay BS.

This isn't the first time this happens. Nor is it the first time BS has been spewed here by you try to play parrot to a so called "IKTEL owner".

BS after BS.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

said by Anon80:

said by WiFi:

At least provide some objective evidence to this hand me down 3rd party hearsay BS.

This isn't the first time this happens. Nor is it the first time BS has been spewed here by you try to play parrot to a so called "IKTEL owner".

BS after BS.

I'd have to agree. From the sounds of it, one or more of their customers were a heavy user this month and Iktel doesn't want to pay the incumbent for the usage so the incumbent cut them off until they pay the bill.

DCM425
@rogers.com

DCM425 to WiFi

Anon

to WiFi
said by WiFi:

If this is true then why doesn't he communicate it to his clients? Why? Because it most likely is not true and he doesn't want to get in trouble from the incumbent. Why doesn't he seek legal counsel and go to the press. To simply shut down ikTel, costing Allan a lot of money, without warning is illegal. It is no different than a company like McD's going down the road and placing a giant lock and chain on a mom and pop burger joint. Illegal. Plain and simple.

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22

A more accurate description would be a mom and pop burger shop is buying it's burgers from Mcdonalds, and due to some dispute (legitimate or made up by mcdonalds), Mcdonalds stops supplying them burgers.

WiFi
It's In The Air
join:2002-06-06
NiagaraFalls

WiFi to Reeaally

to Reeaally
If you had BOTHERED to read my first statement, I don't endorse the company! However, I am looking at this from all angles and I have done my homework and asked the questions, which is obviously far more than what you have done. As I said in another post, you are a prime example of a whiner and complainer that will sit back and do NOTHING. No problem, in 2 years you'll be back to the incumbent carrier. Enjoy!
WiFi

WiFi to DCM425

to DCM425
You have NO IDEA....how close you are to the truth.
WiFi

WiFi to Reeaally

to Reeaally
said by Anon80:

said by WiFi:

BS after BS.

1. Feel free to get off your ass and find your own objective evidence.

2. I might be a parrot but it beats flying with turkeys.
DjEclipse
join:2007-11-20
Niagara Falls, ON

DjEclipse to WiFi

to WiFi
said by WiFi:

said by Anon80:

Has anyone been able to get a hold of them to cancel? I just sent a email and of course they are not answering the phone.

Start says we need to have a cancellation date form them in order to save the 50.0 connection feel

Disclaimer: I do not endorse iKtel and I have not pecuniary interest in the company, in fact, I cannot recommend them. (If you read my review, that's quite obvious)

As much as I'm not impressed with Alan's lack of communication and inability to manage the business side of his company, I will say that it is my professional opinion that he is getting a raw deal from the incumbent. At this point, if ANY of you are really that interested in staying with them, it's up to YOU to do something about it. That "something" is: File a personal and formal complaint with the CRTC. Don't bother to contact the incumbent, send a letter/email directly to the Chairman of the CRTC and ask them why they create rules and then refuse to enforce them consistently. That is a HUGE issue in this whole mess. All of the issues over the past few months are not only attacks on iKtel, but attacks on the TPIA industry. Any of you that were around when the DSL wholesale industry first started will remember the same things happened with many of the small startups. Bell attempted and were successful in crushing many of them quickly through the same unethical tactics.

Bottom line is this: This is not just an attack on iKtel, it's an attack on the entire TPIA industry. This incumbent is starting with the smallest company that has the smallest resources because they know they are the easiest target. Once they have fried iKtel, they will target another company...and another....and another.

Folks, this is not over, it has just started.

What are you all going to do about it? Let me guess, based on the majority track record, you'll all sit back on your ASSES and WHINE AND COMPLAIN....and that's about it. Help yourself, but if you don't get off your backsides and be proactive to provide support to your TPIA, the industry will be gone within about 2 years and we will all be back to having one company to deal with.

And that's the kind of day it's been! (Apologies to Lloyd Robertson

PS Please, don't bother to PM me and ask for more information. Yes, I'm an insider but I am not at liberty to say any more than what you have just read. Not trying to be uncooperative but if I see any PM's about this, they will be deleted without reading. And, no, I won't answer any questions here, either.

I finally was able to logg in and not have to view this site from my phone.

Hi wifi,

I have been with Iktel and supported iktel from the start in the Niagara region. I have met and talked to Allan and Harvey man times regarding cogeco and what they are doing to them. with past outages I stood by them, didn't cause a fuss, even defended them on these boards.

But this time is just bad customer service to the Nth degree. In the past i was able to get a hold of them, talk to them about the outage, they were available as I feel any ISp should be. This time they are not even answering their phones, their mail box is full and I have not received any reply via email.

It's not what cogeco is doing to them that has forced me to look elsewhere, it is their complete lack of communication regarding the outtage that is causing me to look elsewhere.

Doing damage control, explaining to their customers what is really happening should be high priority if not first priority right now. What is the point if they "win" the battle with cogeco if they have no more customers to offer offer services to?

Lastly if you are in the know you need to elaborate a little more than what you have said regarding the outage. As right now it looks to us like they did not pay their bill and we are suffering because of it. If there is another reason you ro someone form Iktel needs to say something before they have no more customers left.

And if everyone leaves it won't be cogeco's fault it will be Iktel's fault for not communicating with their customers properly during the outage.

Adding a ridiculous blinking text on their website is not proper communication, it is annoying at best.