uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to NorCal John

Re: [CATV] All-digital conversion coming to the Carolinas

said by NorCal John:

Why do I want something which makes watching and recording TV more difficult and cumbersome. There's not much I even watch on PBS.

Why should Charter not upgrade it's system just to satisfy people that don't want a box?

mworks

join:2006-06-13
Faison, NC

said by 88615298:

Why should Charter not upgrade it's system just to satisfy people that don't want a box?

They are not doing it to satisfy anyone but the company itself. Show me one person without a box now that is saying "I would really like a box added to my tv, even if it cost me more" .They have paying customers right now, why not squeeze them some more, it isn't like someone else can provide the same service , it is a monopoly in most places.

This is the industry that once charged PER ROOM and was the real reason they required a box in the past. They fought against cable tuners in tv for years because of fear of lost revenue from the rental fees . The only acceptable method that would be fair to all consumers is free box for life.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

said by mworks:

They are not doing it to satisfy anyone but the company itself.

and...............?

Show me one person without a box now that is saying "I would really like a box added to my tv, even if it cost me more"

And this has what to do with what? The MAJORITY of customers( also the customers that actually give WAY more money to Charter ever month ) are demanding more HD more OnDemand more PPV. That take bandwidth. Analog takes up bandwidth. if I ran a company I would listen to what the majority and highest spending customers wanted.

This is the industry that once charged PER ROOM and was the real reason they required a box in the past.

Satellite and telco TV all require a box for each TV. So why is cable evil for doing the same thing?

NorCal John

join:2006-02-18
Crescent City, CA
reply to 88615298
Never said that Charter should NOT upgrade. My comment is that if their service becomes more expensive and less convenient then I don't want such an upgrade. I'm going to try an OTA antennae and if that is satisfactory to me, I'll cancel cable TV.

Charter makes its decisions on what is best for Charter and I'll decide on what is best for me. It is their business and I decide whether or not to buy from them.