spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Moe_84

join:2013-08-18

[TV] [Request] Please add Bein Sport to Northeast Ohio

It's been a year since TWC has added Bein Sport to their network, however, I've noticed that they've been very selective in adding the channel to the lineups across the nation. Texas has had it for a year now, Columbus OH got it last month and I feel like we Clevelanders are going to miss out.

Please add Bein Sport to the Northeast Ohio (Cleveland area), Soccer season has already started, and plenty of people here don't want to miss a second season in a row.

bobo

@rr.com
time to go on twitter

Moe_84

said by Anon80:

time to go on twitter

Been doin that for the past year

Moe_84

reply to Moe_84
AT&T U-verse has officially picked up Bein Sport. »www.heraldonline.com/2013/09/06/ ··· rse.html

So all networks have Bein Sport deployed across the nation except TWC.

Moe_84

reply to Moe_84
bump

Moe_84

reply to Moe_84
bump

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to Moe_84

No use bumping your thread here -- This is not a official TWC support channel and bumping your thread is not going to get TWC to add this channel in your area any quicker -- Your best bet would be to use the TWC Direct forum to submit a channel request.

Channel additions are based on demand in a given area -- not all areas carry the same channels at this point -- My guess is that there is not a big demand for Bein Sport in NE Ohio or it would have been added already.

Moe_84

said by Matt7:

No use bumping your thread here -- This is not a official TWC support channel and bumping your thread is not going to get TWC to add this channel in your area any quicker -- Your best bet would be to use the TWC Direct forum to submit a channel request.

Channel additions are based on demand in a given area -- not all areas carry the same channels at this point -- My guess is that there is not a big demand for Bein Sport in NE Ohio or it would have been added already.

OK thanks for the advice.

Can you explain why every other provider is carrying the channel now if there is no demand for the channel? AT&T uverse - Dish network - Direct TV.. all carry Bein Sport in NE ohio.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
said by Moe_84:

OK thanks for the advice.

Can you explain why every other provider is carrying the channel now if there is no demand for the channel? AT&T uverse - Dish network - Direct TV.. all carry Bein Sport in NE ohio.

Could be those carriers worked out a cheap carriage deal so their not paying much to carry it (or heck maybe Bein Sport is PAYING AT&T, DTV and dish to carry their channel) - this happens with a lot of new or lower watched channels such as shopping and religious for example -- they actually pay to be carried on cable/satellite instead of the cable provider paying to carry the channel (which is how it works with a lot of channels such as ESPN, Fox, CBS etc that require providers to pay to carry).

If this is a "must have" channel for you.. It's quite possible you may want to seek out a source that carries it.. no one here in this forum will know when TWC is going to add it .. though there are rumors that TWC is working on removing "local" markets from their system and standardizing things across the nation so it's quite possible you will get BEIN at that point when the line ups are standardized between systems. (outside of local OTA channels).

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to Moe_84
As Time Warner move towards a common channel line up I am sure you will see Bein sport added in your area. It really is not a channel that the average Joe is beating down the doors to get added.
The three providers you listed have a common line up across their footprint.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Moe_84

reply to Moe_84
It's just really frustrating. Yes, soccer is not as popular in Northeast Ohio.. But if you go a little down south in Columbus TWC carries Bein Sport.

Spanish and Italian soccer leagues games were all shown on TWC until Bein sport bought them out.

said by Matt7:

It's quite possible you may want to seek out a source that carries it

That's probably going to be my last resort. If there is no news or feedback from now till the end of october then I have no choice but to cancel my service and move to a provider that actually communicates with their customers.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
"If there is no news or feedback from now till the end of october then I have no choice but to cancel my service and move to a provider that actually communicates with their customers."

What sort of communication would you like?
What would it say?

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Moe_84

said by hobgoblin:

"If there is no news or feedback from now till the end of october then I have no choice but to cancel my service and move to a provider that actually communicates with their customers."

What sort of communication would you like?
What would it say?

Hob

Perhaps an ETA, or maybe just saying they don't plan on carrying the channel. Atleast that way they don't keep me hanging.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
"Perhaps an ETA, or maybe just saying they don't plan on carrying the channel. Atleast that way they don't keep me hanging."

I don't think either statements are possible as things are very fluid. You could try the Direct Forum as previously suggested. I am a big soccer fan and if I was unable to get the English Premier League that would be a deal breaker for me.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson