spc
uniqs

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Badger98

to Badger98

Re: [Help Me] DI-524 as Access Point for G Devices

Well it could be that the 524 just isn't set up internally for AP mode.

I would factory reset the router and just connect up 1 wired PC and follow that link to the Turning a Router in to an AP. It should work. Just remember LAN to LAN connection.

Badger98
@pg.com

Badger98

Anon

Yep, understood. I did all those things. Just could never get it to work. I'll never completely rule out the possibility of user error, but I tried everything I could think of.

If someone has made it happen with a DI-524, would love to hear how they did it. For now, I'm all set with the WRT54G as an AP. Had it going in 20 minutes with no issues. While I understand it should be irrelevant, the fact that it had a radio button to disable the firewall really sticks out in contrast to the DI-524. Otherwise, to your point, maybe the internals just can't do it.

Thanks for the help along the way!

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS to BimmerE38FN

to BimmerE38FN
said by BimmerE38FN:

Well it could be that the 524 just isn't set up internally for AP mode.

I would factory reset the router and just connect up 1 wired PC and follow that link to the Turning a Router in to an AP. It should work. Just remember LAN to LAN connection.

If you turn off dhcp, and connect any router via lan port-lan port to any other router it will serve as an ap provided wireless isolation isn't on. It is essentially (logically) just a switch with wireless being a part of its function. For it to act in another way would take effort (coding) that dlink I'm sure didn't expend on a device that sold retail for $20 New. If memory serves I think I got mine with a coupon rebate costing me $5. I use mine much as the poster wanted as an ap for b devices so that it does not drag down my n devices. Granted I'm running my di-524 with di-624 firmware because the di-524 firmware was flaky at best.