uniqs
share rss forum feed

DrugTito

join:2013-01-17
canada
reply to eeeaddict

Re: Rogers to Wind

well, why should we disagree with you?

what you are saying, is happening @ every company\service.

if "most" , big % of ppl are not complaining, then, it can be just a bad luck or...

i will give them a try, phone should arrive tomorrow, so, i think either tomorrow or wednesday, i will go to the store, and get this going.

Stewy
Premium
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON
reply to eeeaddict

said by eeeaddict:

everyone here will disagree but wind has been terrible for me, pings over 500ms in any urban area, cluesless reps and worst of all they've "accidentally" disable my sim card twice when I wanted to make a small plan change.

The grass is not greener on the other side either, call quality is very good but I pay $137/month for two phones and I don't even have voicemail, text or call display on mine for that price. One out of four emails never gets delivered so I can't trust their email system anymore. I even get charged for incoming calls from across the street when I'm not in "zone" even though I'm in zone for outgoing. Go figure.

DrugTito

canada

okay, well.. we got the $30/mo plan, we are waiting for the number to be ported.

Guy @ the store told me it could take up to 3 hours for number to be ported (which was about 2 hours ago)

We are able to place calls, use DATA, etc.
DATA is not very fast, around 4-7mbit (down) and about 100 kB/s (up).
For my wife needs, this is plenty, and i wasn't expecting more, to be honest with you.

Quality of the sound, is not that bad, so, i just hope that porting will go without any issue, and, that in the end my wife is happy with hew new present

Thanks all for your input in this, and help!

DrugTito

canada

we just received sms \ myaccount is updated.

Porting has been completed!

So far, very satisfied.

eeeaddict

join:2010-02-14
reply to DrugTito

data is EXTREMELY location dependent, like at eaton center I went underground and got 12mbps went upstairs and outside couldn't even load the test server

DrugTito

canada

lol,well, we will see how it goes.

there is no contract, so, easy, to switch to any other company, if, we don't like it

Stewy
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to DrugTito

said by DrugTito:

Is Rogers going to give Wind hard time to do this?

do you know if your Rogers account is closed now ?

DrugTito

canada

It is, when i log in to myaccount, it doesn't show (this phone number, that we ported)

Stewy
Premium
Kitchener, ON

very nice, that means that you don't even have to talk to them.

DrugTito

canada

Correct sir