spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Rykan11
@216.171.102.x

Rykan11

Anon

[rCable] Waiting on Provisioning

I guess Rogers wants to screw with Start now...

Had my disconnect date set for the 3rd. My modem has been freed up on the 3rd and have now been without internet for over 72 hours while waiting for the transfer of service to complete.

I've been told typically it takes about 24 hours, and queries have been sent back up to Rogers, but they must be sleeping over there.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Did you transfer from Rogers or another TPIA provider? If the later, it's more likely that your old TPIA provider hasn't released your line and/or modem yet, ie could have had a disconnect with them for the 3rd but they didn't submit the request to Rogers yet.

If you want to PM me your account # I can take a look.
rocca

rocca

Premium Member

We're doing our best to explain the potential outage for a TPIA transfer to customers, sometimes it's seamless (ie new modem and a cooperative old ISP) but if the modem is coming along then there can be an outage while it gets released and reassigned.

Rykan11
@216.171.102.x

Rykan11 to rocca

Anon

to rocca
I was getting a transfer from TekSavvy to Start (using the same modem)

Last I heard the disconnect did in fact take place on the correct date, but the stall is taking place in actually getting the profile moved over.

Thanks for looking into it.
nbinont
join:2011-03-13

nbinont to Rykan11

to Rykan11
Similar situation here. Modem's been released, as I understand it, and waiting for the modem to be re provisioned.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to Rykan11

Premium Member

to Rykan11
So both of you are getting walled garden 10.x.x.x IP addresses then? Unprovisioned modems, for the time being?

This needs a system.. Like, a modem exchange service

Steveo
@rogers.com

Steveo

Anon

Have the got you up and running yet? I'm waiting to be provisioned too. My transfer date was sept 5. No Internet yet

waiting2013
@rogers.com

waiting2013

Anon

I transfered fom teksavvy sept 4th cut off date ...... no internet yet
10.xxx ip address

waiting

Steveo
@rogers.com

Steveo to Steveo

Anon

to Steveo
I have the 10.xx address

Rykan11
@184.151.61.x

Rykan11 to Steveo

Anon

to Steveo
Still waiting. Rocca sent it back up to see what the hell is going on.

To be clear, Start has been great in all of this in terms of keeping me informed and whatnot, but I have a feeling Rogers just feels like messing around with all the third-party providers now.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to Rykan11

Premium Member

to Rykan11
Can you PM me your account #?

Steveo
@rogers.com

Steveo

Anon

Oh great no Internet for several days

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

1 edit

rocca

Premium Member

If you want to PM me your account # I can take a look.

edit: For Steveo.
jmcdade11
join:2013-08-29
Guelph, ON

jmcdade11 to rocca

to rocca
You took a look for me already, you sent up the query to Rogers around 6 PM yesterday

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

I think we may have to stop accepting free transfers for TPIA with bring-your-own modems. Even though we try to explain this very clearly on the phone and through the forums for people that want to save the install fee, it seems to bite us too often and is not the type of customer experience that we're known for.
rocca

rocca to jmcdade11

Premium Member

to jmcdade11
said by jmcdade11:

You took a look for me already, you sent up the query to Rogers around 6 PM yesterday

Sorry that was intended at Steveo.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

i think you just need to put a checkbox on the web orders that forces it to be checked that makes people understand it might take X days to be active.

and on the phone, just get confirmation that they're OK to possibly get no service for a few days.

the cleanest way might be to do what Vmedia does and send out a rental for 1 month for all transfers.

Steveo
@rogers.com

1 edit

Steveo to rocca

Anon

to rocca
I don't know my account number but my phone is [removed for privacy reasons - mod]

[info : It is never a good idea to post account / personal info online. Telemarketers harvest numbers amongst other things. If you register, you can send an IM which is private.
Frank White
join:2011-10-01

Frank White to rocca

to rocca
Sept 4 transfer date

I put this request in a month in advance ....
then I received this

We are not able to confirm your transfer of cable internet service at this time as your current cable internet provider has not yet submitted the disconnect request. We do see that the disconnect date is listed as September 4, 2013 and in general, your current cable internet provider does not issue the disconnect request until the day after.

If you still have the cable modem for your current service you can continue using it as it will work up until the time the modem is actually released which is usually a few days after the disconnect date. On the day you lose your connection you can contact us and Rogers will be able to push through the transfer, this may however give you a down time of up to 12 hours at the most.

So I was expecting 12 hours at most .... I prob would of just paid the $50 otherwise

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Self-provisioned modem, or renting/buying a new one? If the later then that's likely correct, if it's a self-provisioned, that's where we're seeing issues. Up until the recent 3Web thing we really didn't get a lot of these situations where TPIA with existing modem, but in the past few weeks we've had a dozen or so and they are proving painful.
rocca

rocca to jmck

Premium Member

to jmck
said by jmck:

i think you just need to put a checkbox on the web orders that forces it to be checked that makes people understand it might take X days to be active.

and on the phone, just get confirmation that they're OK to possibly get no service for a few days.

We're already communicating this on the phone but will be extending it to the signup page as well as likely requiring a rental or something else. We have lots of people that say "okay no problem" to the potential outage but end up disappointed anyways.
nbinont

nbinont to rocca

to rocca
I think it's more of a process of setting realistic expectations, and telling the users how to cancel their previous service so that you can get their modem quickly.

In my case I canceled TSI for the 5th, and expected 24-48 hours downtime. I started counting from the 5th - which apparently is the wrong way to count? When I phoned in yesterday noon, I learned that TSI released the modem early on the 6th. Ok. So do I start counting the 24-48 hours from the 6th? Is it technically from the time you put in the modem provisioning request after the modem is released? Does the 24-48 hours include weekends?

Basically it feels like there's something in the process that either I didn't do, or isn't done and is holding up the process without anyone realizing it needs to be done.
Frank White
join:2011-10-01

Frank White to rocca

to rocca
I own this modem
Brought it with me from teksavvy
I have the 10.xx ip

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to nbinont

Premium Member

to nbinont
said by nbinont:

telling the users how to cancel their previous service so that you can get their modem quickly

The problem with 'bring your own modem from an existing active account' is that there is no way to cancel it quickly currently. This will all change next May when the CRTC rules are implemented on service provider transfers (which enables us to cancel services on behalf of the customer), but until then there is no easy path to take your existing active modem through this process unfortunately.

In the past it seemed to be minimized to a day or two, but with the current issue of Rogers taking an extra day or two to process the requests due to volume this time of year, it has left some customers out for a few days during the transfer.

edit: FYI, I've updated our transfer FAQ with a grid. »FAQ Cable transfers
rocca

rocca to Frank White

Premium Member

to Frank White
said by Frank White:

I own this modem
Brought it with me from teksavvy
I have the 10.xx ip

If you can PM me your account # I can see where this is. (can't find you in our systems by Frank White unfortunately).
nbinont

nbinont to rocca

to rocca
Ok, so the delay basically consists of two parts: 1. Waiting for the previous cancel, and 2. The wait from the provisioning request (which can only be made after the cancel is confirmed)? And the delay for step #2 is longer than usual (maybe a couple days) this time of year? Am I understanding this correctly?
nbinont

nbinont to rocca

to rocca
That grid helps a lot. Do we specifically need to request that the other provider release the modem in addition to canceling the service? There seems to be two things your FAQ mentions, but I only recall hearing confirmation of the cancel, not the modem release.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to nbinont

Premium Member

to nbinont
Sort of.

Because disconnections take 5 days to occur, if there is no modem issue to deal with, our order is accepted after the disconnection is seen but before it's processed, and so there is often no downtime. However, when the modem being used with us is still active, it isn't released until the day after the actual disconnect date, we then do our confirmation saying "hey it's released now", and Rogers generally would be quick on them, ie under a day, but recently because of the time of year (or whatever the reason is), these confirmations are taking 2 days now.
nbinont

nbinont

Thanks. That certainly makes things clearer for me.

Steveo
@rogers.com

Steveo to rocca

Anon

to rocca
I just hope it won't take a week or two to resolve