spc
Search similar:

uniqs
redsall
join:2006-05-14
Englewood, CO

redsall

[Rant] Comcast Run-Around

Comcast/Xfinity has really ticked me off. I had a terrible experience today with getting a SRO scheduled...........again. Tech visit on 7/11 did not fix my issue. Two techs were here, stated my signal was too "hot", then put a two way splitter on it to "tone it down". They stated a SRO was entered but it may take a long time. They went on to tell me whatever you do don't call to check on it - it will drop it out of the system. Well after waiting for nearly 2 months I called. Spoke to Rose and escalated to her supervisor, Donald. They said there was no SRO. Then I was told to set another appointment up for a tech visit!!!! After an hour and getting no-where, I went to the local office, was again given the run-around, Norman helped me to the extent he could, but another employee kept interfering and quite a scene was caused at the East Beltline Xfinity Store in Grand Rapids, MI. I have never experienced such poor customer service. I started this at 10:45 AM this morning on the phone with Rose and Donald, that was an hour I'll never get back, then I was in the Xfinity store from about 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM. What an ordeal!
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

A SRO order is a special request order. Depending on the nature of the SRO no one at comcast can tell for sure if it was entered or not. They just cant, at least they cant if it wasnt pegged to your a account which if its a hot amp down the street or something of that nature wouldnt get pegged to your account.
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner to redsall

to redsall
If there is an issue for something related to the plant or a hot signal a SRO is never created. At least not for the Grand Rapids system.
If a maintenance ticket was created it should of been run on in 24 hours. While the the service center could of looked to see if you had an SRO created for your account they could not create a ticket to go right to the maintenance team.
Rody is right in that they could not see if a ticket was created to another address without knowing what address to look for, but that's not how tickets are created. They don't make SRO's for the location of the hot amp.
Any SRO created, unless it is for drop bury, is going to get routed to an standard tech.

Calling in to inquire about a job will not cause a delay, unless the idiot who answers the phone cancels the job to create another ticket to have a tech investigate your issue.

What exactly is your issue or what troubles are you experiencing?
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Anything can be a SRO around here. From a ped that needs replacing to signal related mainline issues to a customer damage complaint. But yea A sro is never created by a customer calling in and saying he has issues. Thats a standard trouble call.
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner to redsall

to redsall
All the construction related stuff around here goes to contractors through an email or work order. The plant stuff for network stuff has those jobs created in watchtower. All the SRO codes are still there. I had a job last week with a task code of relash mainline and all I had to do was close a lockbox.
I'm willing to bet it was a contractor tech the OP had last.

If the OP can share their issue, I can guide it the right way.