rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to DjEclipse

Premium Member

to DjEclipse

Re: Why is automatic withdrawl mandatory?

While we'd like to be perfect, of course the rare mistake does happen but we've made good on it 100% of the time. I can't imagine any reputable company torching their goodwill by trying to keep $40 that they weren't entitled to. Regardless, I completely understand that preauthorized isn't for everyone and is not acceptable for you, but unfortunately it is required for our services.

Looks like your ISP is back up so perhaps moot at this point.

In any case, all the best and have a good weekend.
DjEclipse
join:2007-11-20
Niagara Falls, ON

2 edits

DjEclipse

said by rocca:
While we'd like to be perfect, of course the rare mistake does happen but we've made good on it 100% of the time. I can't imagine any reputable company torching their goodwill by trying to keep $40 that they weren't entitled to. Regardless, I completely understand that preauthorized isn't for everyone and is not acceptable for you, but unfortunately it is required for our services.
But in the mean time the customer was out $40.00 until it was refunded. Nothing to a lot of people but for others $40.00 is the difference between paying all the rent and not paying all the rent, or food or what ever.

And I am sure there were disputes where the customer felt they shouldn't be charged at all and you felt they should and took it anyway. In the end you have their money and there is nothing they can do about it. Maybe such as cancellation (not sure if you have a 30 day cancellation policy), point is there are many situations that can arise where the customer has no say as you already have their money. As a good business those are hopefully few and far between, but as I said things can change.

I know I am not going to change your companies mind at this time, just showing examples/ proving a point.
said by rocca:
Looks like your ISP is back up so perhaps moot at this point.

In any case, all the best and have a good weekend.

I haven't been home yet to check, my ISP may be up but how much do you want to bet they won't answer the phone when I call, lol

How about if they answer I will agree to automatic payments and if they don't you agree to making an exception of regular old billing for me. Either way, you gain a new customer.

And I am still out 100.00 for anew modem, well i guess 127 after shipping and HST.
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

said by DjEclipse:

How about if they answer I will agree to automatic payments and if they don't you agree to making an exception of regular old billing for me. Wither way, you gain a new customer.

And I am still out 100.00 for anew modem, well i guess 127 after shipping and HST.

I think you being silly now! Move on...

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Guru:

I think you being silly now! Move on...

Now there's nothing wrong with being silly - I should know !

= = = = = = =

"I already know I'm paranoid. - The question is, am I paranoid enough ?"

WiFi
It's In The Air
join:2002-06-06
NiagaraFalls

WiFi to DjEclipse

to DjEclipse
said by DjEclipse:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you own your cable modem, i think Start will let you use it provided it's on the list of approved modems, and I know it is.