Search similar:

uniqs

Number One
@bell.ca

Number One

Anon

[TV] Fibe TV terminal: allows 2 digit alias for favorite channel

Hello all,

I currently subscribe to Internet Fibe 50/50, and I am now looking into Fibe TV offerings.

I just looked at the impressive list of available channels, which made we wonder:

Is it possible, with the Fibe TV terminals, to program "2 digit shortcuts" to access favorite channels (except for 2, all channels in the list use 3 ou 4 digit codes...)?

For example, if one is used to select channel 24 to watch "Series+" on analog cable, could a Fibe TV terminal be configured such that, when keying channel 24, the unit would automatically select and display channel 1122 (Series+ HD)?

Thank you!

pducharme
Premium Member
join:2010-06-29
Sherbrooke, QC

pducharme

Premium Member

Re: [TV] Fibe TV terminal: allows 2 digit alias for favorite cha

Not that I know of.. sorry.

Martin
Premium Member
join:2005-05-05
Blainville, QC

Martin to Number One

Premium Member

to Number One
Not possible!

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Reminds me of England where modern TVs external numbering allows you to assign a Program number to a particular actual channel.

In England they referred to TV stations by their service name like BBC 1 or ITV 1 instead of the actual physical channel number so you might have BBC 1, Channel 123 on Program 1, ITV 1, Channel 8 on Program 2 etc.

This is now a bit of a headache as they get more and more channels. It was great when there were only 3 channels ... and you could just change the tuning if you moved to a different coverage area, so BBC 1 could always be on Program 1 whatever physical channel it was on in your coverage area!

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

why dont u just use the "FAVOURITES" List for your favourites channels? you can setup a list with them easy to access at the push of a button, pretty neat eh? who would have thought a favourites list could access your favourites at the push of a button?

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I don't know if the Bell boxes are at all like the Rogers boxes or the old Dish Network boxes. You could set up favourites, yes, but you had to scroll through the channels in real time ... so you had to wait for channel changes. It wasn't like you could just see favourites in the IPG.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by sbrook:

I don't know if the Bell boxes are at all like the Rogers boxes or the old Dish Network boxes. You could set up favourites, yes, but you had to scroll through the channels in real time ... so you had to wait for channel changes. It wasn't like you could just see favourites in the IPG.

With Fibe TV when you select your favourites list it becomes the only channels that are show in the guide.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

hey, that actually makes it useful! I hate scanning 900 channels in the tv guide!