how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pocustomer

join:2013-09-06
London, ON

[Cable] Unimpressed with Teksavvy

Let me start by saying I have been a customer of teksavvy for about 7 yrs and have been very loyal to them and have recommended them to several people. But some recent events have me questioning my loyalty to this company. Here is my story I would like to share so others know how you may be treated if the same situation happens to you.
Been on dsl with them for some time and notice that they were offering high speed cable service in my area now. Called the sales line and waited for about half hour to place my order, once I reached a rep it took 45 minuted to complete the order. So I have invested over an hour my time just to pay them more money every month. The rep I spoke with informed me that I would receive a confirmation email with the dates my service would be connected. They gave me tentative dates so I could have a rough idea when the service would be ready. When I was half way through my tentative dates I called to see what the issue was and when I might receive this supposed email about when my service would be connected. The rep stated that they do not know what happened and didn't know when my service would be connected. So I gave teksavvy the benefit of doubt because I know how the big guys treat them so I resisted getting angry over this.
So I got my cable service connected two days after my tentative dates have past. Yet again I rescinded on getting angry at them due to this situation and remained a team player on there side. Had my cable service running for week with no issues and called to cancel the dsl service I had with them and this where things get interesting. When I spoke with the rep I repeated numerous times that I wanted to ensure that my email account would be fine and my mails would be safe through the billing transition, was informed that it is seamless and I have nothing to worry about. So I took there word that my emails would be fine and I have no need to back up the ones I wanted to keep. So two days ago on Sept 4 I attempted to log into my email and low and behold I get user not valid error so I knew something was not right, tried my wife's account same thing.
Contacted tech support this morning 09/06/13 and this took about an hour to reach some one, spoke with customer care because I could not get through the the tech support number and they transferred me to support team. Through the investigation the rep discovered that my mail wasn't migrated properly and the account was closed, she placed me hold and called her higher level support team to see what could be done. They informed her that when she reactivated the mail account the mail would be back in my in box. Low and behold they reactivate the account and my mail is gone. Repeated to the rep that I was concerned when I canceled the dsl that this would happen but I was ensured it wouldn't. Need less to say I was not happy and I asked for compensation for my lost time and my lost emails. All I wanted from them was one months of service to be covered by them and I would be happy but they indicated they could only offer me two wks. Requested to speak to the supervisor but my request was denied and was informed that this is all they could do. Feel that I was not taking advantage of the situation considering they informed me that my mails would be safe. When they state "We're different," they sure are BUT NOT IN A GOOD WAY.
signed unhappy customer

fluffybunny

@teksavvy.com
i still fail to see why the heck teksavvy offers email to subscribers.
it a legacy service from the old days. get rid of it. it adds zero value except more grief from people who expect to see gmail like service from an IISP.

pocustomer

London, ON
Fluffy I agree that email is a legacy service but I prefer to communicate with friends and family this way. Since I have had this address for so long I had lot of memories I had saved on the mail server, due to the fact I clean install my os every 6 months and no longer trust hdd drive back up due to one failing on me.
Lost alot of memories that I will never get back and if they were more honest about the potential of a mix up then I would have back up the mail to another email account.
Appreciate the feed back fluffy and wish you all the best.
P.S Also just to clarify I do not expect their mail to be anything like gmail I just wish they would had given more of an effort to retrieve what was lost.

MikeyPC

join:2013-07-17
Ottawa, ON
reply to pocustomer
I would contact them through the Direct forum to see if a higher up can look into it for you.

pocustomer

London, ON
Will do Mikey and we will see what happens. Take care

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to pocustomer
looking into this

pocustomer

London, ON
Thank you Marc I appreciate your reply

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to pocustomer
Can you please PM me your account details?

pocustomer

London, ON
Will do

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to pocustomer
Got the PM. Thanks

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
reply to pocustomer
Why didn't you use paragraphs and white space in your comments?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to pocustomer
I responded to your PM.

pocustomer

London, ON
reply to Cloneman
Cloneman thanks for the feedback and next time I will edit my post more concisely.

pocustomer

London, ON
reply to pocustomer
Considering this issue resolved with Teksavvy, they are making an effort to get back what was lost and for that I am truly grateful.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
that's great to hear.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy