Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

[Cable] Why Are People Still Signing Up?

So either people don't do their homework, or they all think "This won't happen to me." For the past half a year at least, there has been nothing but Teksavvy complaints on the forums here, and on RFD. People don't even recommend Teksavvy anymore. So why is it there's such a huge influx of new posters posting about how they got screwed over by Teksavvy? Surely they must have known about this site right? Otherwise they wouldn't have found a way to complain here in the first place.

fluffybunny

@teksavvy.com

where would you have em signup instead ? robbers ? bhell ?
all IISPs are getting nailed by the big 3. TSI at least goes to bat for their customers once in a while.

Expand your moderator at work

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to fluffybunny

Re: [Cable] Why Are People Still Signing Up?

that vast majority don't have any problem and are getting a great service.

a few hundred ppl can easily flood these forums. you're not seeing the full picture. just a lot of one really bad picture.

we will be sending out a notice to those affected shortly.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

geokilla

North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to fluffybunny

said by Anon80:

where would you have em signup instead ? robbers ? bhell ?
all IISPs are getting nailed by the big 3. TSI at least goes to bat for their customers once in a while.

I'll take Start. If Start was unavailable, then Rogers, especially with the current promotion going on right now. No need to wait for others to get their act together.

»forums.redflagdeals.com/new-roge···1360310/

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

We are not the only ones affected by this.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

youneedhelp

@bell.ca

Why cant you resolve this Marc ? What is the issue in fixing the issues with cable clients. And dont point the finger anynore you are getting close to a month with people having issues. Just be honest.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

As everything is functioning properly at our end, we believe the extended service outages are due to changes that have been made by the incumbent. Our challenge is that they are not giving us proper explanations or expected timeframes.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

2 recommendations

reply to youneedhelp

I am being honest. I've been honest for years on these boards. You seem to have come out of nowhere though.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

randomcabler

join:2013-06-26
reply to geokilla

There are not that many alternatives, close to zero. Every provider relies on the infrastructure, you won't get significantly better service, you will get the same service or worse. Teksavvy is by far not the worst, at least their customer/tech support is overall nice. I think they can do better at times however, especially with the downtimes lately, maybe apply a discount for people effected automatically, reduce the modem costs & provide a couple free profile changes per a year.

I wish we had more choice, better speeds and no strangle hold on the infrastructure by the big providers. But we don't, so unless we do something about it, change will be slow, if it ever happens.

We need to figure out a way to pressure local and federal government so we can get better internet, lower prices and no stupid bandwidth caps. Many developed countries are surpassing us, land size can't always be the argument, especially in major cities.

spunwasi

join:2013-09-06
Toronto, ON
reply to geokilla

said by geokilla:

So either people don't do their homework, or they all think "This won't happen to me." ...

Gotto say I got suckered into this. Screwed up my transfer, then I spent the better part of an afternoon getting in contact with someone. Not worth the discount. The big 3 are big for a reason. The worse part is the lack of training on dealing with irate customers.

First Tek tried to blame me, then they blamed Rogers, then they blamed me again, then their Twitter support staff...8 hours of my soul sucked dry later...

said by TSI Marc:

That's a horrible excuse. Thank god you aren't Prime Minister. "Well, we can't do anything about the economy...we aren't the only ones affected."

I think by "be honest" he means look at it objectively. The customer doesn't care that a vendor of yours didn't deliver, they care that you didn't. When I deal with vendors there are financial penalties leveraged against them for missing deliveries and deadlines (which I'm sure you have in place). We then use the penalties collected to buy us a "right now" solution. So if you aren't collecting your penalties to buy an immediate solution, it's probably something you're doing whether you want to admit it or not.

fluffybunny

@teksavvy.com

do you deal with a monopoly ? i bet you dont. its not a "vendor" when there is only one company who you can get supply from.
TSI cant walk away from robbers or bhell. all they can do is suck up and tough it out.
and financial penalties ?? hahaha. bhell was forcing TSI to collect modem "rental fees" at one time from its own customers. even if they didnt use the modem at all or wanted to return it. do your "vendors" make your clients pay for stuff they dont want ? no ? i didnt think so.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to spunwasi

said by spunwasi:

said by geokilla:

So either people don't do their homework, or they all think "This won't happen to me." ...

Gotto say I got suckered into this. Screwed up my transfer, then I spent the better part of an afternoon getting in contact with someone. Not worth the discount. The big 3 are big for a reason. The worse part is the lack of training on dealing with irate customers.

First Tek tried to blame me, then they blamed Rogers, then they blamed me again, then their Twitter support staff...8 hours of my soul sucked dry later...

said by TSI Marc:

That's a horrible excuse. Thank god you aren't Prime Minister. "Well, we can't do anything about the economy...we aren't the only ones affected."

I think by "be honest" he means look at it objectively. The customer doesn't care that a vendor of yours didn't deliver, they care that you didn't. When I deal with vendors there are financial penalties leveraged against them for missing deliveries and deadlines (which I'm sure you have in place). We then use the penalties collected to buy us a "right now" solution. So if you aren't collecting your penalties to buy an immediate solution, it's probably something you're doing whether you want to admit it or not.

I am looking at it objectively. I do care and I have cared. You are completely ignoring the actual reality of this situation.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
reply to geokilla

I still recommend Teksavvy and I`ve been a customer for 6 years. The more customers a company has the more complaints you`ll hear.

KC_

join:2013-06-10
North York, ON

said by Mike2009:

I still recommend Teksavvy and I`ve been a customer for 6 years. The more customers a company has the more complaints you`ll hear.

+1
I've been happier than a pig in the mud since Aug 26 (Comstock upgrade)
Marc, stay cool brother!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Thanks guys.

mikeylbl

join:2011-02-28
Scarborough, ON
reply to geokilla

I recommended my friend to Teksavvy.

They came from Rogers. Placed the order 30days ago and today they were connected to Teksavvy.

No issues.

BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to fluffybunny

I was once told by a member here, after being berated for having the nerve to, as an American, comment on the board of a Canadian ISP, that they do, in fact, have a choice. They can cease to be in business.

This is the mentality of the people you are speaking to when you post anything in favor of Tek and that is a large part of the reason that, while I still support IISPs in general (I'm a Sonic.net customer; they're like the soutwestern-US incarnation of Tek), I've largely stopped posting on this board. I haven't stopped recommending Tek to my Canadian friends, however.

KC_

join:2013-06-10
North York, ON
reply to mikeylbl

Have'em stop by and say hello..

geokilla

North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to geokilla

said by TSI Marc:

Then why is it that Start seems to have no problems whatsoever? Same with my Rogers neighbours down the street.

said by randomcabler:

There are not that many alternatives, close to zero. Every provider relies on the infrastructure, you won't get significantly better service, you will get the same service or worse. Teksavvy is by far not the worst, at least their customer/tech support is overall nice. I think they can do better at times however, especially with the downtimes lately, maybe apply a discount for people effected automatically, reduce the modem costs & provide a couple free profile changes per a year.

But there are alternatives... I just said two already. Then there's also Acanac, CikTel and VMedia. There. Three more. Ya they're all "the same" as they use Rogers last mile and all that highly technical stuff, but to many end users, what we want is cheap, reliable Internet. Stop throwing the ball and saying BS like "Rogers is screwing us over, nothing we can do about it." I said it before and I'll say it again: I am paying Teksavvy, not Rogers for Internet service.

said by BronsCon:

I was once told by a member here, after being berated for having the nerve to, as an American, comment on the board of a Canadian ISP, that they do, in fact, have a choice. They can cease to be in business.

This is the mentality of the people you are speaking to when you post anything in favor of Tek and that is a large part of the reason that, while I still support IISPs in general (I'm a Sonic.net customer; they're like the soutwestern-US incarnation of Tek), I've largely stopped posting on this board. I haven't stopped recommending Tek to my Canadian friends, however.

I remember that thread... Was it you that made a similar thread?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

»Re: [INTERNET] How to switch from teksavvy

Quit being a turd. There's a bigger problem here.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

tekSavvyUser

@teksavvy.com
reply to KC_

Wow, I love it when some people through assumptions at your face as fact!

1. e.g. geokilla says .."So either people don't do their homework, or they all think "This won't happen to me.".... "
Answer to that: where do you get the fact that everyone in teksavvy has problem in their internet connection. I can't talk for everyone, I am personally quite happy with them. So, please don't assume your ideas are facts.

2- Worst is logically flawed argument with totally flawed premise about simple things:
e.g. spunwasi says: "...The big 3 are big for a reason. ...",
Answer: is that your logic that all big companies that are big must have been or are good to their customers? How did you come up with such "fact"? So, then the best we/governments can do promote the monopolies because bigger the better?...

3- Another good one from spunwasi: "....The worse part is the lack of training on dealing with irate customers."
Answer or question: Did you managed to interview/review all teksavvy staffs? How did you come with such conclusion?

Folks: teksavvy/other TPIAs are not miracle companies, are not charity organization, but guess what, they have given us a choice in: having internet with better price and higher speed.
So take it from here.

monsoon66

join:2007-01-13
Toronto, ON
reply to geokilla

People need to understand that independant ISPs like Teksavvy are at the mercy of Bell and Rogers. It may look like finger pointing but what do you expect Teksavvy to do when it is the case that Rogers is the one dropping the ball?

If there is a line cut, a problem with a POI or something else like modem provisioning it's not as if Teksavvy can send their own people in to fix Rogers' infrastructure.

Look at the BS that came out from the big three when Verizon started talking about entering Canada. That should pretty much cement the fact to everyone that the big 3 don't like any sort of competition and will use any underhanded tactics to eliminate it.

neuromancer1

join:2007-01-22
York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to geokilla

said by geokilla:

So either people don't do their homework, or they all think "This won't happen to me." For the past half a year at least, there has been nothing but Teksavvy complaints on the forums here, and on RFD. People don't even recommend Teksavvy anymore. So why is it there's such a huge influx of new posters posting about how they got screwed over by Teksavvy? Surely they must have known about this site right? Otherwise they wouldn't have found a way to complain here in the first place.

You shouldn't posted anything did you expect to get anything else then Teksavvy passing the buck. This how they resolve everything and they still have tons of fanboys to support it. People are catching on about how terrible Teksavvy is now. Just a matter of time before there old reputation is replaced by the new bad one. I'm with you a customer of six years, left them and no longer recommend them.

zzee

join:2011-09-05

got connected on July first week wolf dale poi, and connection is rock solid for last 2 months, moved here from other TPIA after experiencing high latency issues