All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

BizRes
@comcast.net

BizRes to pclover

Anon

to pclover

Re: Will Comcast allow business & residential at same address?

said by pclover:

Will Comcast allow A Business & Residential account at same address?

In my area, I know for a fact that you can have Comcast Business Class Internet service and Xfinity residential TV service at the same address (because I have both services). I also am continually bombarded with email and USPS mail offers to signup for Xfinity residential HSI service; so I suspect that if I were to accept one of those offers, the service would be activated with no questions asked (since Xfinity does not seem to know that I already have Comcast Business Class HSI).

The primary problem might be if your signal levels would allow a second modem due to the drop in signal levels in a splitter. I know in my case, that a second modem would be very marginal due to the current signal levels. Cablejim1087's suggestion of asking for a separate drop for the second service would probably be a good idea if Comcast allows it in your area. I asked for a separate drop for my Business Class HSI service, but I was told that was not allowed in my area for the same address.

pclover
join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA

pclover

I believe I do have that.

On my two way splitter I actually have a 3 dB attenuator.

With A balanced 3 way splitter and remove the attenuator i should have leniently of signal left.

rwong48
join:2002-11-10
San Jose, CA

rwong48 to BizRes

to BizRes
said by Anon80:

I also am continually bombarded with email and USPS mail offers to signup for Xfinity residential HSI service;

literally "bombarded". I got mail residential ads multiple times a week for all 3 years of my business class contract. plus the upsells for business voice. what a waste.