spc
Search similar:

uniqs
blimey
join:2006-03-09
Tempe, AZ

2 edits

blimey

Does Actiontec Q1000 support simultaneous Dual Band?

I've done my best searching this forum and the net, but there is lots of conflicting information about the specs of various qwest/centurylink VDSL wireless modems and whether or not they support simultaneous dual band.

By simultaneous dual band, I'm referring to the wireless capabilities of the device. Namely, that it has two radios; one for 2.4ghz one for 5ghz, and that both of these radios can operate concurrently.

Some here say that the Q1000 definitely does not support concurrent 2.4ghz/5ghz operation. Some say it definitely does. Some say that you have to chose one band only. Some say the Q1000z (zyxel) is different than the Q1000 in regards to dual band. Some avoid the question by saying to disable the wireless and connect an external simultaneous dual band router (this may be good advice, but it doesn't answer the question).

This is why I'm confused. I realize that the Q1000 is generally out of production (although newly boxed refurbs are cheap). I'm only asking about the Q1000 (Q1000z) because I'm pretty sure that the newer variants like the C1000a/C2000a definitely don't support concurrent 2.4ghz/5ghz wireless operation.

I can't find a full manual or even a spec sheet (that has radio information) for the Q1000.

So, can anyone answer my question? Does the Actiontec Q1000 support concurrent 2.4ghz/5ghz wireless operation? If not, does it even support 5ghz wireless operation? Thanks.

dello
@qwest.net

dello

Anon

I see zero options in my actiontec Q1000 to even change the band setting... and looking at the product overview it says nothing about dual band anywhere.
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152 to blimey

to blimey
No, any router CL gives out is 2.4GHz only. If you want 5GHz you'll have to hook up your own router.