dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Chromosome
join:2013-01-29

Chromosome

Re: Iktel Outage - September 4, 2013

Anyone else confirm that services have been restored. I've talked to a friend and we are both still down.

DjE
@cgocable.net

DjE

Anon

Are you back up yet?

Chromosome
join:2013-01-29

Chromosome

said by Anon80:

Are you back up yet?

Yes I'm finally back up. No idea what the problem was. Shut everything down multiple times - contacted IkTel - tried it again and it was fine.

I have to say I'm a little surprised that no email was sent explaining the downtime. As the initial message said "the Cable company may have placed a block". Well did they? Or was it something else? Unfortunately I'm stuck with IkTel for the next month and a bit as the billing date for me came around the time of the outage. Oh well...

WiFi
It's In The Air
join:2002-06-06
NiagaraFalls

WiFi

You have not been around them long enough to know that they do not know how to communicate, and if they do, they simply won't. That, zero customer service and frequent downtime is why you are paying the lowest rate of any TPIA. No point in complaining, nothing changes with these bozos.

As far as I'm concerned, customers should be able to leave without notice because this company is clearly in breach of contract. Unfortunately, they will not release you for 30 days because they have this control. There is only one way this is going to change - a class action lawsuit.

Celery
join:2004-01-19
St Catharines, ON

Celery

said by WiFi:

As far as I'm concerned, customers should be able to leave without notice because this company is clearly in breach of contract. Unfortunately, they will not release you for 30 days because they have this control. There is only one way this is going to change - a class action lawsuit.

Iktel will let you out at the end of your billing cycle.

Keep in mind, I sent them a message on Sept 5 via their website, an email on the 6th and finally called on the 10th, leaving a voicemail noting that I had sent a message and email and had received no response. They sent me an email about 3 hours later confirming it will be disconnected on the 23rd, the last day of my billing cycle.