spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cao302

join:2013-09-07

[Qwest] New to centurylink and have a problem

just got my new dsl service turned on and the zyxel pk5001z modem.Entered my username and password they gave me,but still have the internet light that flashes red to green. :/ So after that they say they can have a tech down here to check it out but was hopping maybe someone here could take a look at the diagnostic test and see whats happening:

»imgur.com/8zzZs1F

12/21/2012 09:25:58 AM DHCP DHCP send discover packet [last message repeated 3 times in 9 seconds]
12/21/2012 09:26:36 AM DHCP DHCP send discover packet [last message repeated 3 times in 9 seconds]
12/21/2012 09:26:51 AM DHCP DHCP send discover packet [last message repeated 3 times in 9 seconds]
12/21/2012 09:27:26 AM SystemMaintenance VcAutoHunt Fail!!
12/21/2012 09:27:54 AM DHCP DHCP send discover packet [last message repeated 3 times in 10 seconds]

Model Number:

PK5001Z
Hardware Revision:

Downstream Rate:

5.120 Mbps
Upstream Rate:

0.896 Mbps
ISP Protocol

PPPoE

Modem IPv4 Address:

N/A
DNS Address #1:

N/A
DNS Address #2:

N/A
Modem IPv6 Address:

N/A
DNSv6 Address #1:

N/A
DNSv6 Address #2:

N/A

Tried everything i can think of to fix it but dont know whats going on.

TheMayor

join:2002-05-09
First of all, I assume the "Internet" or "INT" or "DSL" light is solid green

Looking at the first pic, it looks like you didn't enter in the correct user name & password.

Did your user name & password come on a "welcome" letter or did you have to get that from someone else?

If it's on a letter, I would verify that you entered it correctly in the modem & if it still doesn't work, to call the tech support to see if they gave you the wrong user &/or pw or if they can reset the password.

cao302

We got a letter but there was no new username or password.Only time we got it was when we called technical support and they created it.Will definitely try and see if that was messed up when i call again.thanks

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
Good Luck!

dello

@qwest.net
From what I understand, all Qwest branded modems should auto-detect the PPPOE username/password as you open a web browser as long as you have the DSL phone #. At least all the modems i've setup for family members/myself have.. This is in former Qwest territory though.

You can also call in and get this information.

dello

@qwest.net
To get to the webpage, you will need to reset the modem to factory defaults and upon boot open a web browser and run thru the steps given.

TheMayor

join:2002-05-09
reply to dello
I do remember doing what you mentioned, but something must have changed, because I did hard set on my modem & it detected what speed I had & then it said to go to this other page & enter in my username & password.

Not sure why they changed it or if it just didn't like me

cao302

reply to cao302
I called tech support and they confirmed the same username and password were the same and still no luck :/ Gonna just wait for them tomorrow.