spc
uniqs
jmcdade11
join:2013-08-29
Guelph, ON

jmcdade11 to rocca

to rocca

Re: [rCable] Waiting on Provisioning

You took a look for me already, you sent up the query to Rogers around 6 PM yesterday

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by jmcdade11:

You took a look for me already, you sent up the query to Rogers around 6 PM yesterday

Sorry that was intended at Steveo.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

i think you just need to put a checkbox on the web orders that forces it to be checked that makes people understand it might take X days to be active.

and on the phone, just get confirmation that they're OK to possibly get no service for a few days.

the cleanest way might be to do what Vmedia does and send out a rental for 1 month for all transfers.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by jmck:

i think you just need to put a checkbox on the web orders that forces it to be checked that makes people understand it might take X days to be active.

and on the phone, just get confirmation that they're OK to possibly get no service for a few days.

We're already communicating this on the phone but will be extending it to the signup page as well as likely requiring a rental or something else. We have lots of people that say "okay no problem" to the potential outage but end up disappointed anyways.