Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to nbinont

Re: [rCable] Waiting on Provisioning

said by nbinont:

telling the users how to cancel their previous service so that you can get their modem quickly

The problem with 'bring your own modem from an existing active account' is that there is no way to cancel it quickly currently. This will all change next May when the CRTC rules are implemented on service provider transfers (which enables us to cancel services on behalf of the customer), but until then there is no easy path to take your existing active modem through this process unfortunately.

In the past it seemed to be minimized to a day or two, but with the current issue of Rogers taking an extra day or two to process the requests due to volume this time of year, it has left some customers out for a few days during the transfer.

edit: FYI, I've updated our transfer FAQ with a grid. »FAQ: Cable transfers

nbinont

join:2011-03-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
Ok, so the delay basically consists of two parts: 1. Waiting for the previous cancel, and 2. The wait from the provisioning request (which can only be made after the cancel is confirmed)? And the delay for step #2 is longer than usual (maybe a couple days) this time of year? Am I understanding this correctly?

nbinont

Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to rocca
That grid helps a lot. Do we specifically need to request that the other provider release the modem in addition to canceling the service? There seems to be two things your FAQ mentions, but I only recall hearing confirmation of the cancel, not the modem release.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
reply to nbinont
Sort of.

Because disconnections take 5 days to occur, if there is no modem issue to deal with, our order is accepted after the disconnection is seen but before it's processed, and so there is often no downtime. However, when the modem being used with us is still active, it isn't released until the day after the actual disconnect date, we then do our confirmation saying "hey it's released now", and Rogers generally would be quick on them, ie under a day, but recently because of the time of year (or whatever the reason is), these confirmations are taking 2 days now.

nbinont

Thanks. That certainly makes things clearer for me.

Steveo

@rogers.com
reply to rocca
I just hope it won't take a week or two to resolve

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
said by Anon80:

I just hope it won't take a week or two to resolve

No, generally 10.x issues are pretty quick - just taking an extra day or two currently.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to rocca
said by rocca:

edit: FYI, I've updated our transfer FAQ with a grid. »FAQ: Cable transfers

Haha, love the grid
--
electronicsguru.ca