how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wysiwyg1972

join:2006-11-05
Toronto, ON

Slingbox blocked on Rogers?

I noticed today that I cannot login to my Slingbox account from my PC or my Google TVs within my home network. I tried changing the DNS on the router but did not help. I put my iPhone on 3G (on the Rogers Wireless network) and it connects fine.

Is anyone using a sling box with Rogers able to connect? I can't get logged in my the Sling app, watch.slingbox.com or even login to their support page.

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
If it doesn't work on your internal network it has nothing to do with Roger (actually your iPhone connecting over 3G show that Roger isn't blocking it). My guess is the problem is either with yor computer's network config or your Slingplayer software.

Yuval

@rr.com
Is is possibly a SlingBox issue, I cannot loging via webpage or player and I'm in California

Slinger7

@d-infinitum.com.mx
reply to wysiwyg1972
This is a guess, but I believe the problem is with the sling web site. I have the same problem in Mexico, and I can't even connect to slingbox.com on the internet.

wysiwyg1972

Toronto, ON
reply to Yuval
I can confirm that connecting via iOS devices is fine on wifi and 3G, so an issue with their end. Nothing posted on their web site though.

wysiwyg1972

Toronto, ON
Just posted on Twitter:
@MisterSling: We know customers trying to access »t.co/mP18ac6IgJ are having difficulty connecting to Slingboxes. We are working to resolve ASAP!

@MisterSling: Mobile clients (tablet and smartphone) don't appear to be impacted. We are sorry new customers cannot configure their Slingbox presently.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to wysiwyg1972
slingbox uses a variety of connection methods, which can lead to something like you're describing.

I've seen it use TCP, sometimes UDP, and when those fail, it can use an Amazon AWS proxy. Therefore, it could be that one of more methods are not working and causing you issues... try to configure port fowarding to see if that helps. (port 5201 or 5001) could be different, documentation isn't great.
---

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
reply to wysiwyg1972
The problem with Sling's current computer based playback system is that it's completely reliant on Sling's servers working properly to load the plug in. If it's still not working you can try getting your hands on the old Windows Slingplayer to stream.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
said by decx:

The problem with Sling's current computer based playback system is that it's completely reliant on Sling's servers working properly to load the plug in. If it's still not working you can try getting your hands on the old Windows Slingplayer to stream.

This. I still use the old slingplayer software.