Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tomrainking

join:2010-03-29
Gibbstown, NJ

2 edits

[X1-X2] X1 AWFUL

x1DVR simply wouldnt respond today, so i power cycled and it didn't fix the issue. Called and to my surpise after going throug 5 minutes of the system...it gave me a busy signal 7 calls in a row. What a complete and utter joke. There is a problem literally every day with this x1...and now the system isn't available to call in. I understand they'll be "bugs". But this is flat out unacceptable. I'm not paying for the past week because i'm not getting the service I paid for plain and simple. How hard can it possibly be to either make sure a product is ready, or make sure support is available?

timtom

join:2012-11-15

Re: [Rant] AWFUL

said by tomrainking:

x1DVR simply wouldnt respond today, so i power cycled and it didn't fix the issue. Called and to my surpise after going throug 5 minutes of the system...it gave me a busy signal 7 calls in a row. What a complete and utter joke. There is a problem literally every day with this x1...and now the system isn't available to call in. I understand they'll be "bugs". But this is flat out unacceptable. I'm not paying for the past week because i'm not getting the service I paid for plain and simple. How hard can it possibly be to either make sure a product is ready, or make sure support is available?

No one made you take X1 box . You could use regular DVR. I dont understand people They want something(they know there is still few bugs) when they get it they complain

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to tomrainking
1.) Unplug box.
2.) Drive to local Comcast Office.
3.) Take home regular DVR.
4.) Problem solved for good.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to tomrainking
said by tomrainking:

How hard can it possibly be to either make sure a product is ready, or make sure support is available?

Well evidently VERY hard...considering EVERY DVR - REGARDLESS if it's cable, sat, IPTV, etc. - ALWAYS has some bugs, & some REALLY bad ones. It comes with the territory of being a "beta tester" - which ALL newbs to these new types of techno, ALWAYS end up being.
If you go over to the sat boards, both the new D* Genie & E* Hopper/Joey STILL have bugs, (some that are really BAD) even after being out the length of time they have! Of course, good luck on getting ANY thing out of D* or E* on any kind of timetable they will be fixed.

Personally, I have NOT seen a new DVR come out yet, that I would have EVER encouraged someone to get right after it's come out - unless they just LOVE "issues".

tomrainking

Gibbstown, NJ
reply to timtom
Wow, I guess reading comprehension is the strong suit here. Let's go over this again kids.
1. I'm paying for cable service that i'm not getting.
2. The MAJOR issue in the post, if you read it, is the fact that the support was either busy or kicked me off. The 24 hr support is part of your bill...it's not a charity they give you...it's a service you pay for.
3. I must have missed the part of the install where they explained that there would be daily issues, or any issues at all. In fact, the guy couldn't even figure out how to install the companion box...had to wait 4 days for another guy to come.

Hang in there lil buds...you'll get the reading thing sooner or later

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
reply to tomrainking
So other than saying "it wouldn't respond", you never point out what the "bugs" are. My X1 DVR is working flawless since the last updates were pushed out.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

tomrainking

Gibbstown, NJ
1. The non-responsiveness is daily
2. The downstairs DVR resets all settings, every day. Goes from 1080p/60 to 720 every night.
3. When watching a DVR recording downstairs, the audio automatically switches to PCM. Then, after the recorded show is watched every channel on tv comes in as PCM. The only way to remedy the problem is to manually switch from surround to stereo, then back to surround.
4. Nothing happens to indicate a recording. When watching tv, on any of the boxes, if I press record no red dot appears. It has no indication that anything is taping, not on the guide or on the box. The dvr recording doesn't appear in the dvr menu until the recording is 100% done.
5. Ever since the install my phone service has been bad at best. Seems to coincide with the unresponsive boxes.

I'd call to report these issues, but that didn't work. Perhaps whenever the support becomes available i'll be able to get a tech out. It's a shame because the X1 platform is awesome...things like the last channel viewed menu are great...just wish support was there.

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03
Reviews:
·Comcast
·WOW Internet and..
That is definitely a signal issue. It appears you did not get the latest update that fixes all these problems and is probably related to the signal issue so you STB's will not update to the latest version. Go to the main DVR and press the EXIT button for 3 seconds then press the DOWN ARROW button under the OK button and finally the number 2 button this will give the diagnostic page. On the main menu scroll down to the system and select go to page 5 and then post the on your results. Downstream should be over 37 dB, Upstream power should be less than 50 and greater than 40 dBmV Downstream should be around 0 to 10 dBMv.

tomrainking

Gibbstown, NJ
I'll try that when I get home. Called 5 times today...busy signal (after menu) 3 times and on hold for more than 45 minutes the other two before hanging up. I can't even call to cancel this awfulness.

tomrainking

Gibbstown, NJ
Ok, havent gotten home yet but did call and got somebody through the phone service menu. They put me on with a supervisor and he sent what he called a "stability signal" to the modem. As of right now my wife says the phone is fixed. I had her go into the modem using 192.168.100.1 and got the following numbers
1. Downstream - all of them 1 through 8 are all around 36...none over 36.2.
2. Upstream - all are 51.
3. Downstream dBMv - 2 of them (downstream 2 and 3) are in the range you gave...all others are in the negative...ranging from -1.8 to -4.87 dmbv

I really have no idea about that stuff, and she accessed this through the computer and not the box so i'm not sure if it helps at all.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to tomrainking
upstream is at max transmit...

also any upstream noise will affect that responsiveness of the box as well.....
--
I'm better than you!

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to tomrainking
Hits dont change the signal. If they are bad or borderline before the hit they remain bad after the hit. Yours are borderline and you need a tech to look at it. Your digital box is probably not borderline but getting a bad signal.

macnbc

join:2009-01-12
Arlington, VA
said by rody_44:

Hits dont change the signal. If they are bad or borderline before the hit they remain bad after the hit. Yours are borderline and you need a tech to look at it. Your digital box is probably not borderline but getting a bad signal.

When I had my X1 installed the tech said that they were VERY sensitive to signal level issues because of all the data use (for apps and such) they use. My signals were a little borderline but he made sure they were all OK before finishing the install. I have a feeling that even a borderline signal might cause issues like OP is reporting.

tomrainking

Gibbstown, NJ
My biggest issue is the fact that I CANNOT connect to phone support. Literally 20 calls in 3 days with either a busy signal (after 15 minutes) or on hold for 50+minutes. Went to online chat for help, "waiting for analyst" is all I get. Can someone post an acutal email address so I can express how terrible this is. Or at least schedule a tech appt...can't do either at the moment. This is the worst service I've ever recieved from them...it's inexcusable.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
Are you trying to use some local number? I call 1800comcast and never get a busy signal. Its kind of odd that i dont and you do since my 1800comcast calls get routed to a NJ call center.

So to recap. You really dont care if anything gets fixed? You just want a way to complain to them. You need a tech, not a email address.

mariod

join:2009-06-16
reply to tomrainking
You seem to be calling the wrong number. 1-800-comcast has never had a busy signal to my knowledge. You're put on hold until a representative is available.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by mariod:

You seem to be calling the wrong number. 1-800-comcast has never had a busy signal to my knowledge. You're put on hold until a representative is available.

For the last few days I have been getting the, "We are experiencing higher than normal call levels. Please call back at another time, if you continue to hold, your wait time is such and such time."

The OP and I are in the same area.
--
Stop The Mindless Killings Stop Over Fishing

tomrainking

Gibbstown, NJ
UPDATE:
Called 4 times last night...got a busy signal once. Note that the busy signal is after the main menu, and after being on hold for about 10 - 15 minutes.
The other 3 times I was on hold for over an hour each time (yes, i had the phone on speaker during the eagles game). I finally called back to another dept (phone) and decided to see if they could transfer me. After 35 minutes I got someone, and halfway through the call it dropped ( can't determine if it was my phone service or their end, but the phone has been fine since the stability signal).
I then went online for chat help, which i've tried to no avail 5 times this weekend. I usually get "waiting for analyst" for about an hour before giving up. This time I finally got someone. They sent a refresh signal and it corrected the DVR issue. Will have to wait and see if it helps with the other issues.

I think "something" is happening in our area. Yesterday, around noon, I called and instead of the menu I got a message saying that there was an outage in our area. Our cable worked, but I couldnt change channels. They actually gave a time frame for the work to be completed. I have NO issue with a widespread problem that is being worked on. I have NO issue with bugs, but i have a BIG issue with not being able to speak with anyone from support.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Comcast
I know something was happening yesterday because we have Triple Play and all 3 were a bit buggy. The phone was acting up along with some speed issues with my internet. I am currently waiting for a TV tech to show up.
--
Stop The Mindless Killings Stop Over Fishing