share rss forum feed

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

Watch out UnblockUs, $20 cheap fav with support, USAccess.ca

After reviewing ibDNS' DNS redirection service, I may have a new favorite, USAccess.ca . They don't support a ton of streaming services yet, just Hulu, Netflix, and Pandora. The key to these guys is that they offer live (human) support at a killer price, $20 annually right now through a Reddit special - go.usaccess.ca/reddit . I think the folks I know really only use those services and not the more obscure ones, like Vudu. I did ask the owners whether Amazon was on the agenda or not and they indicated it was soon enough. These guys seem to be on the up and up and give a shit about offering a service that is backed up with decent support. My gut tells me this company will get better with time. Oh, they do have a seven day guarantee too.

UnblockUs and UnoTelly are so overpriced at this point and their service (support) sucks. I don't get why when an organization gets bigger, they think that canned email responses days later is acceptable. Just my two cents.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

I haven't had issues with unblockus, and I use it because it does support things beyond Netflix and Hulu. I was able to use Google Play Music, not available in Canada, with the service, as well as MLB TV. These other services are good if you only need it for Netflix or Hulu, but you always get what you pay for.

At some point I might change, but it will be for a VPN so I can use Aereo instead of regular cable.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

1 edit
reply to bbbc

I hear ya. If you're a power user, use one of the more expensive services. I have so many friends using DNS redirection and they are one trick ponies, just watching Netflix USA and maybe Hulu.

I left UnblockUS because they raised prices and I believe they have crappy support. But hey, that's my opinion. These guys (USAccess) being little seem to be more nimble and genuinely want to help folks. If I dig something, I proclaim it to the masses.

On Aereo, it's a mixed bag. I used it, but didn't keep it. USAccess is going to try to get Amazon, Aereo, and TiVo working, FYI.

--

Expand your moderator at work

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
reply to bbbc

Re: Watch out UnblockUs, $20 cheap fav with support, USAccess.ca

I'd be more interested if it could do Gamecenter live. It bugs me when my favorite team plays vancouver, the games on cbc, or the game's on tsn it gets blacked out.

WhyNoUpload

join:2013-01-15
reply to J E F F

Google music is block here!?! I've been using it since it came out, no vpn or anything.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
reply to bbbc

Unotelly works great for me.

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

1 edit

said by Mike2009 :

Unotelly works great for me.

Great, but their service costs much more. $20 for the basics and they (USAccess) help you get things set up. None of this out of out of sight, out of mind mentality that the big guys suffer from. UnoTelly and UnblockUs very much lack in the support department, whereas these new guys are keeping live human support between the hours of 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. Enough preaching from me!

--

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to bbbc

If it gets Aereo and MLB working, it might be worth it. Though MLB might just work.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
reply to bbbc

Or use »hola.org - Free and works 100% of the time

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

said by Tx:

Or use »hola.org

Yeah, but doesn't your solution require you to sit behind a computer to watch your content? I want to watch the USA stuff through a set-top box, like a Roku.

--

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
reply to bbbc

The price is right for sure. You need support to change some numbers in your device?

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to bbbc

said by bbbc:

said by Tx:

Or use »hola.org

Yeah, but doesn't your solution require you to sit behind a computer to watch your content? I want to watch the USA stuff through a set-top box, like a Roku.

just fine for me as I have an htpc connected to my 60" TV lol

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to bbbc

said by bbbc:

said by Tx:

Or use »hola.org

screenshare via android, media center etc. much better than a Roku IMHO. I still use my boxee box here and there for DLNA stuff but Hola works excellent for just about every application in this house.

USAccess
Premium
join:2013-09-08
Oshawa, ON
reply to bbbc

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce ourselves here on the forum after I found this post.

First of all I would like to thank bbbc for his kind words!

We at USAccess pride ourselves in offering top notch support. The customer is the backbone of our business and without you, well we wouldn't have a business. Whether you are a techy or a non techy type we will always be ready to support you.

We are constantly looking to expand/improve our service, so if there is a service or device we do not already support, please come on our live chat or email us and we will be happy to look into providing a solution.

Thanks for reading this post and we look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,

USAccess Team

deafmonkey
Premium
join:2013-04-16
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to bbbc

Thanks for this one OP. There are now on my next to try list. I contacted them for a request, for NHL gamecenter, And they mentioned that they're working on sports oriented programming, NHL and NFL. And that it is a priority for them.

Will try them out for netflix, and some others.

-DM

OverrRyde

join:2007-04-10
Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to bbbc

Does it work on mobile?

I tried Unotelly first on their free trial and worked on my android phone, which was great for using Pandora on the go. The i tried Unblockus which also worked great at home, but not on the go.

Do they do mobile/3g aswell? That would be sweet!

JoePro

join:2006-11-01
canada
reply to bbbc

Anybody know if SuperHD streaming is supported through this outfit? If it is and they eventually support vudu, I'm definitely going to switch over to them.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
reply to OverrRyde

Unblockus works just fine on mobile. Assuming know how to change your DNS for your 3G/4G connection.
--
Weeeeeee

OverrRyde

join:2007-04-10
Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by nekkidtruth:

Unblockus works just fine on mobile. Assuming know how to change your DNS for your 3G/4G connection.

I tried it while on unblockus but it didnt work, i was using DNS Changer for android the same way i used it with Unotelly, but didnt work

USAccess
Premium
Oshawa, ON
reply to OverrRyde

said by OverrRyde:

Does it work on mobile?

I tried Unotelly first on their free trial and worked on my android phone, which was great for using Pandora on the go. The i tried Unblockus which also worked great at home, but not on the go.

Do they do mobile/3g aswell? That would be sweet!

Netflix works fine on mobile devices.

We are currently working on Pandora mobile as well ( regular Pandora works fine). However... to change your DNS from your mobile provider you would need a rooted device.

USAccess
Premium
Oshawa, ON
reply to JoePro

Super HD is supported

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to bbbc

Looks like the boys have been busy by adding Amazon and more. It's amazing they are working so hard for twenty bucks.

Working services - »kb.usaccess.ca/?p=10

--

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
reply to bbbc

Roku pisses me off they really need to let you change your dns on the roku itself.

Garneac

join:2011-05-01
Brampton, ON
reply to bbbc

Not trying to stir up any trouble here; but what are the differences between usaccess.ca and something like mediahint/holaunblocker?

JoePro

join:2006-11-01
canada

Mediahint is a browser plugin. holaunblocker runs on androind and windows as well as being a browser plugin too. Usaccess.ca is not software, just a DNS server. As such, you can use it on any connected device (tv, ps3, tablet, phone, pc, etc...)

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
reply to bbbc

I signed up for this just now to try it out and it does not work to show the US Netflix

I used this list to search for US specific titles and some that I tried were not available

»netflixusacompletelist.blogspot.ca/

i.e Adam 12, Aftershock, Emperors New Groove
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC
reply to bbbc

ibDNS is wonderful.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Midland, ON
reply to BigSensFan

I signed up today and all the stuff you listed worked fine for me. May I ask what device you're trying to use the service on and how do you have the DNS set-up?

TOPDAWG
Premium
Midland, ON
reply to singerie3

yeah I let me in-laws use that being as had the ibVPN service already.