Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mpierce77

join:2013-01-10
Methuen, MA

Adding additional routers to my Comcast service

Hello,
I just switched back to Comcast with the X1 platform. I had Verizon fios with a MoCA bridge, with 3 Actiontec routers in the house. 1 connected in the office, 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the living room. Wireless is great but streaming 1080p movies over wireless is horrible. I was hoping for some direction to see if i am able to add 2 more routers to my network so that I can stream to these other 2 locations. The router that Comcast provides is a Technicolor router. I also do not want to start running cables throughout the house. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated
thank you

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
It sounds like what you may need are more wireless access points similar to an item like this from TigerDirect.

»www.tigerdirect.com/applications ··· atId=372

It has one Ethernet port on the back, and allows you to extend your Wireless coverage for a given area. In this case, you only need to run a wire to a few locations and put a bunch of these up in your home to get the coverage that you need.

I would make sure that it supports Wireless n, and is fully configurable to meet your needs.

While that exact make/model may not be what you need, I do believe that the type of product (Wireless Access Point) is what you are looking for.

Hope that helps,

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

Mpierce77

join:2013-01-10
Methuen, MA
I'm not a big fan of wireless when streaming HD videos and playing video games, I would like to create another MoCa network if possible. Thanks though for the reply

biomesh
Premium
join:2006-07-08
Tomball, TX
There are moca adapters available that you could use(dlink, netgear,etc). Just use the adapters and some Ethernet switches if needed. You don't really need additional 'routers'.