spc
Search similar:

uniqs
conductor609
join:2012-03-02
Madison, WI

conductor609

Weird connection problems in Janesville WI

Starting as of about a week or two ago I noticed that whenever I tried to watch a stream on twitch it would lag like crazy and after doing periodic speedtests my connection just has really strange behavior throughout the entire day with speeds ranging from 4 down to my advertised 30 down (prior to this period I had a pretty consistent 20-30 outside of prime time hours). My line tests all seem to return as being fine and my ping is really stable, it's mostly just that download speeds are really sporadic. Another strange symptom is that download speeds are effected a lot more by pings than they usually would be (i.e. I'll get 15 down from chicago with 30 ping and 5 down from dallas with 50 ping consistently across multiple servers at each location).

The aforementioned problems happen both with and without a router inbetween and this is a screenshot of my modem info »i.imgur.com/yFFkXpF.png . I may just go walk in to the charter office sometime next week and talk to them about it because from the looks of things around here I can't expect much from phoning in, but in the meantime I'm curious to see if anybody has any input on this.

defiant
Former Charter lackey
join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI

defiant

You're upstream level is out of spec. I would have that addressed and see if things improve.

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,

AMDUSER to conductor609

Premium Member

to conductor609
I would just call Charter and tell them it keeps disconnecting..
They will take a look at the signal and have tech come out and take care of it for you. After they fix the modem return, that may resolve the problems with the video lagging.