spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rossaf

@suddenlink.net

[Speed] Slow speeds during peak hours in College Station

I pay for 15/1.5 and am getting slow speeds during evenings/nights as well as weekends. Today started out in the sub-1Mbps range and eventually improved to around 8. However, I'm still detecting heavy packet loss and experiencing slow page loads.

dhudson1984

join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Get in touch with either of these higher level people...

SDL L3Tech: »/useremail/u/1 ··· /1796447

SDLshannon: »/useremail/u/1 ··· /1858162

dhudson1984

Charleston, WV
reply to rossaf
They are approved forum members here from Suddenlink and may or may not get back to you right away as they sometimes don't visit this forum everyday.

rossaf

@suddenlink.net
Thanks, will do. I need some confirmation of my ticket past than what I can get from tier 1, so it's much appreciated.

dhudson1984

Charleston, WV
reply to rossaf
No problem. They have helped out a lot of people get their issues sorted as they have the capability of looking into things further and will get the local tier techs on the issue if it's something on the local level. Good luck!

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
reply to rossaf
Hello Rossaf. Please PM me with your cable modem's MAC address and your current public IP (»whatismyip.com) and I will look into this matter for you.

rossaf

join:2013-09-08
PM Sent. Thanks.

AtomicCow

join:2001-03-16
Bryan, TX

1 edit
reply to rossaf
Rossaf, it's not just you. Same problem cropped up for me within the last week. Goes from normal during the day to absolute junk at night and eventually fixes itself sometime in the late night/early morning. Last speed test I ran showed me getting less than 1Mbps up which has become the norm.

This is about the usual result, around .50Mbps. Did all the usual bunk of unplugging the modem so it would reset but to no effect. Even opening this forum took over a minute.

I tried to call, but the wait time was beyond insane. The message actually said to just call back later unless it was an emergency. Ended up on hold for over 30 minutes before I finally had to hang up. I doubt anyone was ever going to answer and if they did, they would have told me there was nothing wrong, just like the last time this happened and it went on for 4 months. Nothing including a new modem and 2 service calls fixed it. The problem just suddenly disappeared.

rossaf

Yeah, I'm sending another message to SDL L3Tech. I just switched out my modem and now it's getting T3/T4 timeout errors every 5-12 hours. L1 just wants to send another tech out, but I'm seeing a thread for nearby Conroe, another for Paris. I think the problem is much larger than anyone at Suddenlink wants to admit culpability for, but when the alternative is Verizon DSL and I work and take classes from home, I have no choice but to do everything in my power to work with it.

Gaff
Just like the gypsy woman said

join:1999-09-05
North TX, US
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to rossaf
I'm experiencing slowdowns at the moment too. I pay for 30Mbit but am lucky to break 15 tonight. Not sure if there is something going on in North Texas or what.
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.unbooted.com

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
kudos:3
reply to rossaf
Georgetown here, north of Austin. Evening speeds have been abysmal the last week or two and packet loss gets bad. Friday night the net was pretty much unusable. 15 down drops to 1 or less down. SDL L3Tech is getting lots of Ping Plotter Pro files from me.

Gaff
Just like the gypsy woman said

join:1999-09-05
North TX, US
reply to rossaf
My stuff is still all over the place today.

Any update on this? It seems like quite a few people in TX are experiencing issues.
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.unbooted.com

rossaf

1 edit
reply to rossaf
My case is upstream saturation... no word on resolution yet. T1 sent another tech out for the t3/t4 timeouts but he agrees those are congestion related. I'm starting to have to bicycle 60 minutes a day so I can take my classes on campus lest I timeout during a quiz, the precise opposite of what I intended to do this semester.

E: The t3/t4 timeouts haven't happened since the A&M football traffic left town, but the speed issues persist enough for random pageload/javascript issues.

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
reply to Gaff
Gaff, unless you're on the same node as either of these other two customers then the problem you are having is unrelated. If you would like me to investigate, please PM me your cable modem's MAC address and current Public IP (»whatismyip.com). Having a PingPlotter trace (sample set) will be very helpful also.

jkaufman
Premium
join:2013-09-26
Tyler, TX
reply to rossaf
Some friends and I are noticing major slow downs at night here in Tyler aswell. Wonder if we will ever find out what the problem is.