spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Stooges

join:2013-09-07
Durand, IL

Is this new data cap policy a trick question or...

Is this new data cap policy a trick question or is it a bait and switch?

Noticed how many people freaked out and upgraded their plans. I have yet to agree with their plans, so my contract should still be existing with original.

if you read that on below the service plan, on »mediacomcable.com/site/internet.html

it says...

†Usage allowances apply to new customers and those existing customers who make changes to their Internet service level as of 8/1/12.

So If you haven't made a change with service level, meaning the plan, such as Prime or Prime Plus agreed after 8/1/2012, you are safe from the data caps?

And those who freaked out made a great offer to keep their plans/or upgrade at a discount. If they agreed with a discount, it sounds like they're renewing your contract via phone, so I am thinking there's something fishy about this policy.

kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL

The policy hasn't been updated yet. I'm sure they had to wait until the 7th before they did so. As Chad has pointed out, as well as two articles on the main page pointed out, All customers will be subject to the caps after the 7th.

Since the policy has had a 250 gig cap mentioned in it since around 2009 everyone will be forced into this, and there is a clause somewhere that points out that the terms can change at any time. The cap is a fact of life now unless enough users cause a backlash to convince MC to rethink it.

Magnum3667

join:2013-09-02
Navarre, FL

theres already enough backlash, all mediacom has done now is up the cap for ultra and ultra plus and screwed the rest of us

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Stooges

said by Stooges:

I have yet to agree with their plans, so my contract should still be existing with original.

Continuing use of the service after a change of plan is construed by the ISP as acceptance of the new plan. If you think you have a binding contract, you will probably have to use their binding arbitration process to contest any changes. Alas ...
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Magnum3667

Navarre, FL

except the fact that when they say they originally put in the 250 cap "a few years ago" they failed to tell anyone about it

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11

Doesn't change the binding arbitration response; quit, fight, or suck it up, that is all you can do.

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Magnum3667

said by Magnum3667:

except the fact that when they say they originally put in the 250 cap "a few years ago" they failed to tell anyone about it

It was shown to people and also printed out and given to people. Problem is no one really reads the things they get. A very very small amount of people read the fine details.

Magnum3667

Navarre, FL

actually no it wasnt sent out or shown to people...when you do a contract over the phone, you get NOTHING and they dont tell you anything...we were never told on the phone or notified by email or regular mail that they slipped in the 250 cap "a few years ago"