Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

musicman2059
Premium
join:2006-07-28
Coquitlam, BC

Actiontec V1000H DSL link "resets" every other day

I just finished moving the other week and when Telus came to install service at the new place, they replaced my nicely working setup with an ever craptacular Actiontec V1000H. Since they installed it, I've noticed that at around 1-2 AM every other night, I will lose my connection for about 15 seconds. If I check the admin page, it shows a DSL uptime of 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes. (Pretty much, the DSL link cuts out and then quickly cuts in around once every 48 hours.)

This first happened about a week ago, and oddly enough when it "reset" our TVs worked fine afterwards but Internet wouldn't work until the router was restarted.

Given the time of day, it's not the biggest deal, but is there anything to explain this "strange" phenomenon or is this one of the gateway's strange "perks" that makes it the bane of this forum?

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada

Re: Actiontec V1000H DSL link "resets" every other day

Once at around the same time, I lost my internet connectivity for about 30 minutes (even though the router was still on).
I know it's not the same as your problem, but it's still peculiar.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to musicman2059

Phone TELUS. Say your TV is kicking out at a certain time, and that your Internet won't work either.
--
The more I C, the less I see.

twixt

join:2004-06-27
North Vancouver, BC
reply to musicman2059

said by musicman2059:

I just finished moving the other week and when Telus came to install service at the new place, they replaced my nicely working setup with an ever craptacular Actiontec V1000H. Since they installed it, I've noticed that at around 1-2 AM every other night, I will lose my connection for about 15 seconds. If I check the admin page, it shows a DSL uptime of 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes. (Pretty much, the DSL link cuts out and then quickly cuts in around once every 48 hours.)

This first happened about a week ago, and oddly enough when it "reset" our TVs worked fine afterwards but Internet wouldn't work until the router was restarted.

Given the time of day, it's not the biggest deal, but is there anything to explain this "strange" phenomenon or is this one of the gateway's strange "perks" that makes it the bane of this forum?

-

Since the problem is happening at the same time every day - I suspect you are a victim of Telus' "TR-069" resets.

See the following link: »[BC] 192.168.1.254/tr69.html for Telus Actiontec V1000H now what

Things to try:

1. You can disable TR-069 by following the instructions in threads regarding the V1000H "bridge mode" - even if you don't want to use bridge mode.

2. You can have Telus change you over from the craptastic V1000H to a Zyxel VSG-1432 - which has a legitimate access screen to convert the Zyxel to bridge mode without having to monkeydiddle.

See the following link: »[BC] Telus Zyxel VSG1432 - Change to Bridge Mode "Screen&qu

I have a client who had the V1000H and suffered multiple resets - which removed all her customizations (such as her custom SSID) whenever a TR-069 reset occurred. This was properly banished with a changeover to the VSG-1432 - which has restored peace and stability to the ADSL in her household.

My take on the V1000H - its only use is as an orbital-insertion-object - from the toe of my boot.

Hope this helps.

annoyingrob

join:2007-03-27
Calgary, AB
reply to musicman2059
I had a similar problem which turned out to be some old telephone equipment in my house. A Telus tech came out, replaced the telephone distro block by my panel, put on a dedicated filter for the house, and ran a new line to the modem (which is also mounted right below the panel ). Since then I never had a problem.

musicman2059
Premium
join:2006-07-28
Coquitlam, BC
reply to twixt
Gives me a 403 when I try to access tr69.htm when logged in as admin. The login details for the "two other accounts" don't work. (FW 31.30L.57 )

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC
you disconnect the telephone cable and leave it disconnected untill tr-69 is off,to make the root login work and access tr-69 you need to do a full reset (hold the button on the back of the actiontec for 30 seconds or 90 if yo u really wanna be safe, and remember make sure the telephone cord is unplugged when u do all this) then log in with the root login and you will be able to get to tr-69
--
Shaw Broadband 100/5 - Cisco DPC3825 - Asus RT-AC66U