uniqs

SparkDawg
Premium Member
join:2005-01-06
Ypsilanti, MI

3 edits

SparkDawg

Premium Member

[Midwest] Oh noes! Wireless on pace 4111n acting wierd!

For the last week or so, for about almost every day (sometimes every 2nd or 3rd day) my iPad and android tablet tries to reconnect with the wireless gateway until I reset the router. (clearing the wireless list helps momentarily but when I reset after that it happens again, but If I just reset the router instead, it will work fine for 10 minutes unless I do an plug-unplug then it works normally.)

Today, it's been happening quite a bit. Sometimes it will let me reconnect and sometimes it won't after my wireless devices get disconnected.

This gateway was such a trooper too-- and this issue pops up when crap is happening in my life ( I won't get into the details!)

I've already posted this in the direct forums, but I wanted to get your guy's ideas.

(maybe relevant info: wireless light on gateway is always dimmer than the wired connection light)

(edit: AT&T is sending me a replacement gateway, so much for making these posts. I'll keep this up until I get the new unit working.)
SparkDawg

SparkDawg

Premium Member

They given me a Netgear 7550. I'll keep an eye on it for a week to see if the issues come back.
SparkDawg

3 edits

SparkDawg

Premium Member

Day 1: Internet speeds through wireless is less consistent than the old 4111n. Seems to choke on Crunchyroll on my iPad (SD content) after watching a vid and a half. Speed tests go from near 5mb to 1-2 and it sometime pauses (!) when I'm doing the test. I have a bad feeling about this.. (This might be a crappy gateway. At least the wireless worked fine on the 4111n!)

Day 2: They're sending me out a new gateway since the wifi on it likes to stall on speed tests and when i came home, I couldn't access any websites for a while. I specifically asked for something that isn't the netgear model since the pace one worked well for 10 months. I hope this one works fine.

Day 4: Recieved a 4111n and it's working fine. Sending the 7550 back in the mail.

(I'll be editing this post if things change. Thanks guys )