spc
Search similar:

uniqs

nomans land
@monsterbroadband.com

nomans land

Anon

How to ge comcast into my community?

Ok, so I've read quite a few discussion similar to my situation, but I figured I ask any way. First off, the only thing we ( the community where I live) can get is Hughes Net or Monster broadband. Hughes Net provides 15 Mbs but with usage limits while Monster only services 2Mbs. Both of which charge an arm and a leg. So here is the situation, 2.5mi out is a town called Bell Buckle which has Comcast services. My question is whether or not it could be feasible profitable for Comcast to carry a line out. here is a link of the general area.

»maps.google.com/maps?q=b ··· t=m&z=14

looking north you'll see happy valley rd where it connects to streets like Matt and Amanda Dr which is my community some 80+ homes

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

In your case, I believe the problem that Comcast will run into, and ultimately use as their decision not to service your area, is that your serviced by Monster. Without know the franchise agreement, Comcast may not find it worth their time or money for 80 homes.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Monster is a wireless provider. I doubt that would stop comcast. 80 homes is a lot of homes. Ide go to your township and ask them to talk to comcast. Im guessing yours doesnt have a franchise agreement with them. But with 80 homes comcast would probably be interested. The real question is what would your township require for comcast to gain access to them 80 homes.