spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Tusarsms14
join:2013-09-08
Largo, FL

Tusarsms14

[Connection Sharing] Networking problems

Hi guys couple of days ago a lightning struck close to my apartment and the power went out. Then my internet wasn't working and their was a burning smell coming from my modem. So the next day I called bright house and they came a day after and they replaced my modem with arris tg852 modem/router. The guy installed it and said the Internet was coming through but wasn't connecting to my computer he even checked it on his laptop. He did some things with my computer and the Internet still wasn't connecting. Then he said theirs something wrong with my computer and to get it fixed. And then he left. My home phone is working and it's connected to the modem. So i played around with my computer and tried to connect to the broadband internet connection but it asked for user name and password that my (ISP) gave me but I don't know the user and pass. And also when I connect the Ethernet cord to my desktop (pc) in the network and connections it says connected to unidentified network and in the map it shows that its connected to the network but not connected to the Internet. So can someone please help me out I would really appreciate it. THANK YOU

P.S if anyone knows the user name and password please let me know

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

I would start by calling your ISP and asking what your user I.D. and password are. Your not going to be able to go much further without them.
Tusarsms14
join:2013-09-08
Largo, FL

Tusarsms14

Ok thanks for the idea ill try it
plat2on1
join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

plat2on1 to Tusarsms14

to Tusarsms14
the network adapter in your computer might have been damaged. you shouldn't need a user name and password for cable internet. what does the local area connection properties page look like?