Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

2 edits

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

[Hockey]Official Toronto Maple Leafs 2013-2014 Hockey Thread

The season is just around the corner. Figured I would create this thread to keep it all here for Leaf fans.

Go Leafs Go!

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

Re: [Toronto Maple Leafs] Official 2013-2014 Hockey Thread

Haven't got a clue what to expect this year from the Canucks. Was scouting the BCJH
league showcase today with a hockey coach. Friend of his who worked with Torts said
the players all hated him. Can't imagine what the Sedins will do if Torts blows a
gasket on them. Cry or answer the bell?

FaxCap

Tkavil
join:2010-07-22

Tkavil to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
I really wish somebody would reveal some information about what's going on between The Leafs, Kadri, and Franson. Somebody needs to crack, it's taking way too long. I don't agree with the way they've used up their budget but Kadri needs to realize he isn't going to get what he wants. I'm hoping everything gets figured out before the start of training camp but it seems that I'd be better off hoping for 2013/2014 Stanley Cup win.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Well, looks like the Leafs are looking for a backup solution if Kadri holds out... I heard that they invited Mason Raymond to training camp for a tryout.

»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 4183130/

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Read that yesterday..........good luck with him.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
this is a Leafs thread, but for some reason, the "Toronto Maple Leafs" in brackets didn't show up in the main title (shows off to the side). I will try to edit it to relieve any confusion.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0

Re: [Hockey]Official Toronto Maple Leafs 2013-2014 Hockey Thread

I think Kadri will be buried. He must have pissed someone so much that they wont give him much or anything near what Bozak got.

Bozak is overpaid and underachiever. Like our coach.
Sorry to see Grabo gone. That kid took so many hits for the team but got nothing in return.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

said by loosedobbs:

Sorry to see Grabo gone. That kid took so many hits for the team but got nothing in return.

That's one way too look at it. The other is he took lots of hits and didn't do much else for the team.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

disagreed...while he didn't have the points production of previous years, he never took a shift off, was decent in the face off circle and wasn't afraid to go into the dirty areas to get a puck (something many smaller stature players shy away from)...it's a shame things didn't work out better, because he really is a decent player and i hope he does well in Washington (just not against the Leafs ).

loosedobbs
Toronto

loosedobbs

said by pnjunction:

said by loosedobbs:

That's one way too look at it. The other is he took lots of hits and didn't do much else for the team.

said by dirtyjeffer0:

disagreed...while he didn't have the points production of previous years, he never took a shift off, was decent in the face off circle and wasn't afraid to go into the dirty areas to get a puck (something many smaller stature players shy away from)...it's a shame things didn't work out better, because he really is a decent player and i hope he does well in Washington (just not against the Leafs ).

pnjunction:
Just compare Kessel reaction whenever Chara or anybody going to hit him and then Grabo going against Chara. Grabo got hit by Chara many times. But got up and scored the goals.

This coach burried Grabo. The same way he did it with another player( often injured) who left Ducks and came here. Guess who. Yes that Handsome guy.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

Lupul...my hopes are that Carlyle doesn't ruin some of the good young talent the Leafs have.

loosedobbs
Toronto

1 edit

to dirtyjeffer0
Sorry going OT.
So what happened to Jason Blake? Where is he? Wasn't he overpaid like Bozak?

And about Franson.
When I met him at Bricks store in Scarborough I thought man this guys career is over since he joined leafs. The guys was decent and played better with Preds. Just glad to get his and Johnny Bower signatures on my jersyes and pic with them.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

said by loosedobbs:

When I met him at Bricks store in Scarborough I thought man this guys career is over since he joined leafs. The guys was decent and played better with Preds.

You do know he was 8th in the entire NHL in D-man points last year. Scored 50 pts in 151 season games for the Predators and got same 50 pts in 102 games with the Leafs so far. Also a decent playoff with 6pts in 7 games, compared to 7 in 16 games for the Predators.

Looks to me like offensively at least he's picked up the pace significantly. IMO he's still getting better and at 26 the coaches can still improve his defensive game.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

i don't want to see Franson go...i hope they can re-sign him.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to dirtyjeffer0

Mod

to dirtyjeffer0
Cap space left: ~$4.6M
Need to sign: Kadri, Franson
The want: (rumours) ~$3.5 to $4M for Kadri, ??? for Franson

I've seen the same sort of fan talk over these two as I've seen for Cowen in Ottawa (ie/ "they should play for $2.5M or so as a bridge contract for a couple of years -- that'll get them signed and keep the team under the cap"), and it's people talking with their "team heart" not with a business eye on these players wanting what they want because they think they're worth it. It's going to be tricky for Nonis to get Franson and Kadri signed and stay under the cap though.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
I wonder if Kadri will get the fortune he's looking for? How does that all work out with salary caps and all?
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
Last word going around on Kadri is asking 2 yr $7m, offered 2 yr $5.7m

loosedobbs
Toronto

loosedobbs to pnjunction

to pnjunction
I thought I already said about his game with Preds.
I meant Decent as in respectable, above average and not average. He just got screwed between the two coaches. I hope he leaves Leafs and get a better future elsewhere.
loosedobbs

loosedobbs to bt

to bt
said by bt:

Last word going around on Kadri is asking 2 yr $7m, offered 2 yr $5.7m

They could have given him 5 years offer and Bozak two years. But Leafs are doing this with Kadri on Purpose. Bozak dont deserve that offer.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to dirtyjeffer0

Mod

to dirtyjeffer0
BREAKING "NEWS" on Twitter (via Kypreos and Dreger): Kadri signed for 2 years.

$2.9M per season, which is $25k more than the Leafs offered a month ago (Dreger)

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Nice... Good number. I'm glad he came to his senses and realized he needs to show his skills more.

Now I hope there's enough to sign Franson.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
I'll be picking the Leafs to finish very high this year.

FaxCap

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
yea, i think that is a decent contract for both sides...i have confidence that Kadri will continue to improve, but not a fan of throwing an 8 year big money deal just yet...let's see how he is after these two years, and assuming he pans out, big money will come his way.

like you, i hope they can get Franson signed...that only leaves about $2 million for him, but not sure if there is extra space that can be made up by sending someone down.
bt
canada

bt to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
Uhh.... I think Bolland might need to dial it back a bit.

New #Leafs forward David Bolland. "I think this team is a contender. I don't think it's far off from where chicago was last year."

— Rob Longley (@longleysunsport) September 11, 2013

Contender? Okay, nothing wrong with that part. You have to go into the season with that mentality.

But not far off from where Chicago was last year? You've just crossed the line between confidence and delusion...

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON

twizlar to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
If franson is in, another signed defender is out and demoted/traded. They will probably have 3 million or so for him.

loosedobbs
Toronto

to dirtyjeffer0
This from Star

"There’s been internal concern about his “lifestyle” and friends. Kadri, for his part, insists he’s done everything that’s been asked of him along the way, which is sort of true and sort of not true. It’s not just been him butting heads with one Leaf figure; in succession Burke, Ron Wilson, Dallas Eakins, Dave Nonis and Randy Carlyle have all found Kadri lacking in terms of professionalism and performance."

"Other players call him “The Dream” in the Leaf dressing room, and not necessarily in a complimentary way. He took all kinds of ribbing in recent weeks from his teammates for his exorbitant salary demands, and he couldn’t stop himself from publicly insisting he was being “fair” in what he was asking for, which implied his employer was not being fair."

“There are realities as to where we are, we have “X” amount of cap space and players who make this team may well move that up,” Nonis said.

“We want Cody signed, we want him here in camp. Fortunately we have a lot of NHL caliber defenseman and entry level players who could push for a position. There’s no personal conflict with Cody (but) he’s not here and we have to move forward with the players we have.”

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
I stole this from Kardinal See Profile's post in the Sens thread..

From @SunGarrioch:

Asked if the Leafs will get over their playoff collapse, Macarthur quipped: "I hope not." He smiled, folks. #Sens
bt
canada

bt to twizlar

to twizlar
said by twizlar:

If franson is in, another signed defender is out and demoted/traded. They will probably have 3 million or so for him.

Enjoy the bus, Jake Gardiner!

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON

twizlar

Premium Member

Doubtful, I would bank on liles or holzer, or perhaps one of orr/mcLaren since both of their salaries can be buried in the minors.
bt
canada

bt

They probably all have to clear waivers though, Gardiner doesn't. But I'd agree that they are the ones that should go down first, though.