All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

[ipv6] ipv6 teredo

I was just wondering if all of you guys are getting same results (yes I learned today that Teredo is just microsofts sort of ipv6 address)

but I wanted to know if you guys get same or similar results.

Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be XXXXXXX

Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be 2001:0:4137:9e76:2837:XXXXXX
Your IPv6 service appears to be: Teredo

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be UUNET - MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Busines

Your IPv6 connection appears to be using Teredo, a type of IPv4/IPv6 gateway. Your particular teredo configuration is only used as a protocol of last resort. When visiting a site with both IPv4 and IPv6, IPv4 will be preferred.

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6. [more info]

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have no access to the IPv6 Internet, or is not configured to use it. This may in the future restrict your ability to reach IPv6-only sites. [more info]
Your readiness score
7/10 for your IPv6 stability and readiness, when publishers are forced to go IPv6 only
matthewh16
join:2010-05-21
Culver City, CA

matthewh16

Re: [ipv6] ipv6 teredo

I get this:

Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be XX.XX.XX.XXX

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be UUNET - MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Busines

No IPv6 address detected [more info]

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6. [more info]

You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.
noebl1
join:2003-01-03
MA, USA

noebl1 to patt2k

to patt2k
I enabled 6to4 on my firewall awhile ago and that works as well for giving all the internal systems IPv6 addresses. However the gateway I hit is pretty slow around 100ms lag typically.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

aefstoggaflm to matthewh16

Premium Member

to matthewh16
said by matthewh16:

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

Which DNS Server are you using?

If you do not know you could use »www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm to help you find out. Note if not on Windows, you need to install Wine...

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to patt2k

MVM

to patt2k
said by patt2k:

I was just wondering if all of you guys are getting same results (yes I learned today that Teredo is just microsofts sort of ipv6 address)

Actually, it is a NAT traversing tunnel mechanism.

I get the following:

IPv6 test results.
NormanS

NormanS to noebl1

MVM

to noebl1
I use a Hurricane Electric 6in4 (not 6to4!) tunnel. The gateway latency is no different from my ISP IPv4 gateway.
noebl1
join:2003-01-03
MA, USA

noebl1

oooh I will have to check that out. Years ago I played with Sixxs.net and HE (with a custom frimware for my WRT54G at the time...) Before moving, Comcast was about to roll out ipv6 in the area so I let Sixxs.net lapse (and had long long retired my WRT54G.)