Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia

We want you back...sure

So this morning i get the "we want you back letter', because I'm such a good customer, they'll give me 50% their already inflated prices (on 2 or 3yrs terms, of which the latter has been deemed verboten by the CRTC) and a $100 credit for porting in.

Ok what's the catch?

Well let see there is the $15/line port in fee (so I figure.. at least $60 maybe more),then there is the inflationary prices they'll charge me since I'm a "new customer" and probably won't wrangle a deal out them this time.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

AppleGuy
Premium
join:2013-09-08
Canada
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·voip.ms
Is this for wireless and home phone? Why so many lines?

I just finished porting over my Rogers Home Phone to voip.ms. $3.49 vs $35 (after discount of $10) .. So I doubt they'll ever want me back.

My wireless is gone in February. I'll go to Wind. They won't come within $40 of matching their prices. Yeah, I'll have to take my chances with Wind, but most people appear to like them.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to elwoodblues
Port in fee? They're charging those fees again? I guess Rogers needs some more money for their rainy day fund.

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to AppleGuy
said by AppleGuy:

My wireless is gone in February. I'll go to Wind. They won't come within $40 of matching their prices. Yeah, I'll have to take my chances with Wind, but most people appear to like them.

Where do you live? WIND coverage is uninterruped from Pickering (a town east of Toronto) all the way to the U.S. border (Niagara Falls) in Ontario.