Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to ooglek

Re: [Equipment] iPhone 5S (or 6) and Verizon

I've never had any billing issues with verizon. They don't do byod discounts at all and you can't use any other phone but a verizon cell phone anyway. You can technically use att iphone 5 on verizon but I know it doesn't have all the bands that verizon uses so there's some areas that it doesn't work. The only advantage to buying your own verizon cell and bringing it is that you get to avoid the 2 year contract....BUT you pay the same amount. I don't agree with this at all but not like they listen to their customers.

As far as coverage, they do have the most reliable coverage of all I've tested so far. Granted, as a company I'm not a big fan of them because their prices are definitely too high IMO, but the saying goes you get what you pay for. The only other carrier with coverage even close to verizon is ATT.

ooglek

join:2004-11-17
Falls Church, VA
Thanks for the info kevnich24. Can you back up your opinion about pricing with data?

I priced out all 4 carriers with new iPhone 5 32GB phones with at least 2GB data each, at least 1400 voice minutes, unlimited text, and excluding taxes, fees and initial phone charges*:

AT&T: $190/month
Sprint: $150/month
T-Mobile: $154/month ($100 plan, $54 phones)
Verizon: $150/month

Verizon seems the most reasonably priced. Even at 6GB for both phones, it's cheaper than AT&T. The whole unlimited thing seems silly to me -- I'm on Wifi most of the time, I barely use 1GB/mo on Sprint unless I'm traveling a lot.

With a $10 bundle discount, it's cheaper. And I'll look into a business discount too. If anyone has info on how to get a discount out of Verizon, beyond corporate email, fill us in!

* Sprint & T-Mobile offer unlimited data only; AT&T 3GB; Verizon 4GB shared (2 each phone)
--
FIOS Installed November 2, 2004: 30Mbps down, 5Mbps up
Hate Spam? Sue Spammers! »www.angryox.com/vaspam/

HonestEnd

join:2006-03-01
Sterling Heights, MI
Thanks for the info kevnich24. Can you back up your opinion about pricing with data?

I priced out all 4 carriers with new iPhone 5 32GB phones with at least 2GB data each, at least 1400 voice minutes, unlimited text, and excluding taxes, fees and initial phone charges*:

AT&T: $190/month
Sprint: $150/month
T-Mobile: $154/month ($100 plan, $54 phones)
Verizon: $150/month

Verizon seems the most reasonably priced. Even at 6GB for both phones, it's cheaper than AT&T. The whole unlimited thing seems silly to me -- I'm on Wifi most of the time, I barely use 1GB/mo on Sprint unless I'm traveling a lot.

With a $10 bundle discount, it's cheaper. And I'll look into a business discount too. If anyone has info on how to get a discount out of Verizon, beyond corporate email, fill us in!

* Sprint & T-Mobile offer unlimited data only; AT&T 3GB; Verizon 4GB shared (2 each phone)
--
You sure about that? I have a feeling you're not comparing apples to apples. Verizon doesn't advertise their individual data plans leaving you with their Shared Data Plans only. To be fair, you have to compare their 4GB shared plan to AT&T's Mobile Share plan in which case they are EXACTLY the same price for the same package. AT&T and Verizon both mirror each other's pricing up to the 10GB mark. AT&T might actually be a little bit cheaper since they still offer individual data plans for some people.