how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kkkk40us

join:2001-09-20
Astoria, NY

disable all face images in contacts

how do i turn off face images permanently in android contacts. there has to be away to do this. i have jelly bean 4.1.2

thanks

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
What "face images" do you mean ?

mob
On the next level..
Premium
join:2000-10-07

1 recommendation

reply to kkkk40us

kkkk40us

Astoria, NY
reply to kkkk40us
1 i had tried google
2 did not get an answer
3 why i asked here

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
facebook pics for contacts?

kkkk40us

Astoria, NY
reply to kkkk40us
no,just the regular pics that are there in the contacts , i remove them but when someone calls they come back. i just want the names and no images at all

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH

1 recommendation

What shows up normally a simply a silhouette of a head. Unless you have a contact picture linked to their name in Google Contacts or you have Facebook syncing/matching, nothing should show up.

Do you have Facebook installed ? If so, do you have Settings, Other Settings, Sync Contacts set to either "Sync all" or "Sync with existing contacts" ? Set it to "Don't sync" if you do.

kkkk40us

Astoria, NY
reply to kkkk40us
thanks for the help.

but i dont have facebook, and yes most contacts are faceless images but there are some with actual faces, i have used an app to clear them , which it does, but all come back when some one calls . the app is contact picture remover. have tried deleting faces individually but they come back when i get called. hope this explains things better

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
Something is set to sync them together. These "actual faces" do have some association with the contact they show up with, yes ?

Google Plus maybe ?

kkkk40us

Astoria, NY
reply to kkkk40us
yeah your right its google +, which i dont understand as i dont have and never had a google +account, never signed up for it. so how do i delete these pics if im not a member , nor do i want to be.

many thanks for your help

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
Your phone likely came with the Google+ app installed. If you set up ANY Google service, they all share the same login credentials, so Google signed you up !! Uninstalling the app will take care of it...

kkkk40us

Astoria, NY
reply to kkkk40us
ok,so which app are you talking about. i dont have google +on my phone.the only google thing i have is a gmail , no mention of google+. so im kinda of lost. dont know what to get rid of

thanks again

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
Try Settings, Accounts/Google, and un-check "Sync People details" (??)

kkkk40us

Astoria, NY
reply to kkkk40us
again thanks for the help.

as for my settings this is what i have:

app data, calender, contacts, gmail all ticked on

browser, people details, sound search for google all ticked off.

so the people details was that way so had no affect.

djcrazy
Premium
join:2009-08-05
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US
reply to kkkk40us
You didn't mention what kind of phone this is. THAT would help a lot. Head on over to the
XDA Developers Forum and find the section that matches your phone and do a search. I can almost guarantee you will find your answer there.

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5
reply to kkkk40us
Mine (face images) seem to come form 1. Outlook contacts when i first downloaded them (not sure about future syncs thereafter), and 2. from Skype contacts.

Try this - go to contacts. Pick the one you want to remove pic of, then edit --- then click on the image. On mine, it then has a pull down of -Take photo; - select from gallery; - remove photo.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to kkkk40us
I don't think this is as a result of Google+. This seems most likely because it's a contact who has a Google account, and has their profile picture setup on their account. Since you are using an Android device with a Google account of your own, it's automatically pulling their contact picture that they set for their own Google account.

That's the most likely explanation. As for the solution, I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do that. I wish I could be of more help, but at least hopefully I was able to provide you with some understanding, that might lead you to a permanent solution.

As a possible workaround solution, if you can't remove the contact's picture, just add a silhouette or other blank picture/background of your own, and that will override whatever contact picture they have on their Google profile, and display the picture you want. I've attached 2 silhouettes that you can download to your phone's gallery, and just set those as the contact's picture for those individuals whom you don't want their pictures to display, and those will display instead whenever they call.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to remove a contact's picture? (I have an idea why, but I'm not gonna assume. )
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

BrettZ

join:2013-08-15
Lol!

Why would anybody want the default men in black instead of their faces.

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
It's not always a face. It could be the food they ate last night, a picture of their dog or cat, a political logo, etc.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to BrettZ
said by BrettZ:

Lol!

Why would anybody want the default men in black instead of their faces.

Could be because someone is messing around with someone else on the side, and doesn't want their significant other to see that person's picture whenever they call. I'm just sayin'...... (That's one possible reason. )
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo