uniqs
share rss forum feed

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 edit

[Prices] Rogers HighSpeed: Stop The Ridiculous Price Hikes

Anyone sick of Rogers TWICE yearly price hikes yet? We need to put our collective DSLR voices together and start making some NOISE. Rogers outrageous pricing has crossed the "Red Line" 10 times over. After every price hike, people complain for a week or 2 then it stops.

We need to get on Rogers case 24/7. Every forum YOU belong to is an opportunity to post about Rogers thieving ways.

We need to turn up the heat on Rogers. This bullshit has to stop. Rogers Internet tier prices are SKYROCKETING.

Yelling LONG and LOUD will get SOMEONE'S attention at Rogers.

WE NEED CABLE BROADBAND INTERNET AT A FAIR AND REASONABLE PRICE.

AND NO, TPIA IS NOT AN OPTION. As we ALL know, their ROGERS LAST MILE internet is about as reliable as a wet paper bag NOT to mention the high cost of signup/new modem fees.

So DSLR members, let's take this fight to Rogers. POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

[Prices] Re: Rogers HighSpeed: Stop The Ridiculous Price Hikes

said by elitefx:

AND NO, TPIA IS NOT AN OPTION. As we ALL know, their ROGERS LAST MILE internet is about as reliable as a wet paper bag NOT to mention the high cost of signup/new modem fees.

TPIA absolutely is an option. Just because you would prefer to continue to complain about Rogers rather than take one of those other options doesn't mean they don't exist or aren't viable.

As long as you stay a Rogers customer, it's telling them your complaints are nothing but hot air not worth their time to listen to.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to elitefx
Nobody will listen to thousands of screams...

The only way a company will listen, is to lose customers at an alarming rate, which cannot happen here in Canada due to the duopoly.

Another way would be a major competitor which is not reliant on wholesale services... Which cannot happen either.
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Exactly, there is ZERO choice, take it or leave it.

KamWest

join:2013-03-26
Canada
The only way to end the monopoly is when we go satellite

When that technology arrives in full then companies will be able to buy satellite space and resell it to internet users.

In my opinion both cable and phone cable will eventually become dinosaurs as everyone will want to take their connection with them.

The Rogers stick is a prime example, we need to make a similar version that is not Rogers and then mass market it to bring down pricing.

eterrall

join:2013-09-09
reply to elitefx
I always felt the bill was increasing a bit every month, but I could never trust my own memory enough to be sure. I think they were doing it to see how high they could get my bill, before I complained. Rogers should buy Scotiabank's company slogan from them.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
They bought a play on Microsoft's

How can we hose you today?

AppleGuy
Premium
join:2013-09-08
Canada
reply to elitefx
They justify it by saying they're giving you more speed. What's the point of more speed, if only to get you to the cap sooner? Give me reliable 20/2 service at a good price.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by AppleGuy:

They justify it by saying they're giving you more speed. What's the point of more speed, if only to get you to the cap sooner? Give me reliable 20/2 service at a good price.

Many people don't want crazy speeds... most folks are fine with 5-10mbps... problem is, you switch down to those lower tiers, the caps are so small its stupid.
--

MJB

join:2012-01-29

1 recommendation

people are brain washed by tv ad's so rogers customers won't quit.... it's impossible to convince them to get teksavvy or tpia for basic internet needs.... the problem is the ad's.... teksavvy isn't advertised on television... brain dead people.

AppleGuy
Premium
Canada

1 edit
reply to HiVolt
That's the problem. I guess they feel they wouldn't make any money if that is all people wanted, so give them a low cap, and they'll be forced to upgrade to a higher tier.
Expand your moderator at work

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath

1 edit
reply to MJB

why would you go to TIPA/TK when you're waiting weeks on end for support/upgrades? TIPA is not an option in that case. Who wants to be without service for 3+ weeks with no real answers and a company that is just says nothing is wrong on their end??? In the end you can go to xDSL or back to the MSO directly. So, the OP was right when TIPA is not a true option as you are still stuck waiting on them.

Rogers also still makes $$$ off those TIPA providers so it's not like you're taking any $$ away from them. Just in the end- they can and would pull all connections from those providers.

sheva07

reply to elitefx
Oh good lord... they're raising the prices AGAIN? I'm currently on the 45/4 package, and they have the nerve to raise their prices (with a 150 GB cap?!)... now it's at $77.99

Not only are their prices = a joke, their internet service is terrible for online gaming (or at least, in my area) there's a congestion problem in my area, and it makes online gaming unplayable.

Cancelling all services with Rogers once this contract expires.

... lol

Anonymous67

@rogers.com
It's up to you the customer.. Just think how the capitalism system work... The individual needs to change. So if Rogers is scamming you like what a bank does(federal reserve/central bank) then switch...
Btw all he central banks are owned by rothschilds... And their the one's who own the telecoms who give you ****ty Internet.
Follow the money...

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

reply to elitefx
As long as you're a Rogers customer you deserve to be raped. You're just another of many complacent Canadians that wants to bitch and moan but do nothing about it. You can "yell" all you want and they'll laugh at the sheep all the way to the bank.

delius

join:2006-07-30
Dorchester, ON
reply to elitefx
Cutting robbers cord on 29th. Reps told me. I cud hv nextbox 3 pvr and new hitron rog3 upgrades for 2.50 each. When bill arrived. Charged full rate for both. Even tho old ones were free for 1yr. " you're not getting any more deals". Thinking of. Vmedia. Tv internet. London east. Poi. Suggestions!

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
Reviews:
·Anveo
·TekSavvy Cable

1 recommendation

reply to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

why would you go to TIPA/TK when you're waiting weeks on end for support/upgrades? TIPA is not an option in that case. Who wants to be without service for 3+ weeks with no real answers and a company that is just says nothing is wrong on their end??? In the end you can go to xDSL or back to the MSO directly. So, the OP was right when TIPA is not a true option as you are still stuck waiting on them.

Rogers also still makes $$$ off those TIPA providers so it's not like you're taking any $$ away from them. Just in the end- they can and would pull all connections from those providers.

tsi has over 200k customers, yes a small percentage of them will have problems, usually rogers fault,after not paying rogers for 3 months it paid tsi's first bill, now the difference stays in my pocket, almost less than 1/2 of what i was paying robbers, 1 hr of no internet in 6months, with your reasoning there would be no isp's , and there are other companys out there like start. competition outside of the robellus family is what would give robellus incentive to lower prices, getting mad at them but still paying them will do didly squat/

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 recommendation

said by vincom:

competition outside of the robellus family is what would give robellus incentive to lower prices, getting mad at them but still paying them will do didly squat/

I know you mean well BUT TPIA PAY Rogers BIG BUCKS for access to the 'last mile'. You're still supporting Rogers.

BTW Rogers thanks you for your ONGOING support through 3rd party access.

vincom

Bolton, ON
Reviews:
·Anveo
·TekSavvy Cable

3 edits

1 recommendation

said by elitefx:

said by vincom:

competition outside of the robellus family is what would give robellus incentive to lower prices, getting mad at them but still paying them will do didly squat/

I know you mean well BUT TPIA PAY Rogers BIG BUCKS for access to the 'last mile'. You're still supporting Rogers.

BTW Rogers thanks you for your ONGOING support through 3rd party access.

yes but paying almost less than half to tsi than with robbers, my 300gb plan w/tsi is not metered as they dont have one to monitor your usage(there is no eta when there will be a bandwidth usage meter lol) so its basically unlimited - 25/2 for $45 including tx, i was paying almost $90 to robbers for unlimited 35/3 plan, yes they r still making money from tsi but not as much if i were paying robbers, plus id rather pay an isp then the incumbent.
the more customers that accept robbers crap the more they will crap on its customers

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to vincom
You are still supporting the last mile provider though. the ATIPA providers are just a reseller though. Especially if they're not overlaying any thing special like IPTV- such as VMedia.

MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL
still helps to keep money out of rogers.... so look at this way... vmedia is 60 dollars. now rogers is 77.99 + 30.00 for unlimited or 77.99 + 100 overusage + tv + phone or 77.99 + 10.00 + tv + phone..

so vmedia and atpia are cheaper... plus you can use voip and quit television... internet got hell lot more content.. then tv..
Expand your moderator at work

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TBBroadband

said by TBBroadband:

the ATIPA providers are just a reseller though.

TPIA providers have wholesale access to the DOCSIS network; being a reseller is a different scenario. You should look in the dictionary and understand what that word means because it doesn't mean what you think it does in this context.

vincom

Bolton, ON
Reviews:
·Anveo
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

You are still supporting the last mile provider though. the ATIPA providers are just a reseller though. Especially if they're not overlaying any thing special like IPTV- such as VMedia.

whatever, im paying tsi $40 instead of robbers at $80, how much is tsi paying robbers, less than $40, robbers is making alot less off me now and that puts a smile on my face, and get ur facts str8 they are not resellers.
if youre happy paying more than me in supporting rogers then im happy for u.....lol

gotak

join:2011-05-17
L6G 0C5
Good for you until TSI goes down for you for days with no resolution in sight and next to no support. But then again you can be like me and go back to Rogers at TSI rate because they are offering that now for TSI customers.

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
reply to elitefx
How is TPIA not an option? I pay $45 a month for 35/3 unlimited with other bonuses as well. I've had one day of downtime in over 2 years. My direct Rogers connection prior to that had far more issues.

gotak

join:2011-05-17
L6G 0C5
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by Samgee:

How is TPIA not an option? I pay $45 a month for 35/3 unlimited with other bonuses as well. I've had one day of downtime in over 2 years. My direct Rogers connection prior to that had far more issues.

There are plenty of people with more than 1 day of downtime right now on the TekSavvy forum. It's a cluster F in TekSavvy land right now. So much so their phone line exploded and you have to wait hours for a person.

So that's why I am back with Rogers. It just wasn't working anymore the connection to TekSavvy. That and it turns out they do offer a cheaper than TekSavvy price plan for 35/3 300 gigs. It was a no brainer at that point since it's a no contract plan. I can leave for one of the 3rd party at anytime.

abitbent

join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON
Reviews:
·magicjack.com
·Start Communicat..
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to elitefx
I know it's already been said but I have to voice my approval for TPIA. TS wasn't available in Brantford forever, so when Start.ca showed up claiming they were a Rogers reseller, I was all in.

The switch was super easy. Sure I pay a modem rental fee on a modem that doesn't have built in wireless but a $40 router fixes that issue.

I'm not affected by the current TS/rogers outage clusterf*&$ either so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I get better value, feel better about supporting a TPIA, and I've spoken with my wallet which is the only language that Rogers is speaking.

Based on how I'm seeing Rogers/Bell treat Canadians, hell I'd gladly pay more to anyone other then either of them out of spite alone.

Stewy
Premium
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON
reply to gotak
said by gotak:

So that's why I am back with Rogers.

Which is exactly what they want, I could just see them in the back room sipping on some expensive scotch saying "we got em good". I've always said don't under estimate the power of the telecoms.

said by gotak:

That and it turns out they do offer a cheaper than TekSavvy price plan for 35/3 300 gigs.

Ah yest but that also comes at a price that eventually we will all pay for, if they're that good why did E+ go up $3/month in October ? Why is that offer not on their site ? Once TPIA's start closing down do you seriously think you will get a cheaper offer ?

This snafubar with TS is playing right into their hands.