Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

henryswanson

join:2013-09-08
Guelph, ON

Guelph Internet Is Back Up!

Hi folks,

I was without cable internet in Guelph since late Thursday, and today as of 12:30pm it's back up for me.

I just thought I would post, and anybody else from the area can post if they are back up, or still down.

Remember to power down your modem for 5 minutes and try again before posting.

Thank you TSI and everybody on the forums for helping out during this fiasco!

matazar

join:2011-09-20
I'm back up as well. N1H area.

My connection died sometime between 03:00 - 08:00 Friday morning. It was DCHP issues. Connection Uptime: 1:02:00.

Ontarionet

join:2005-07-05
Guelph, ON
reply to henryswanson
Up as well. Thanks, Teksavvy.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to henryswanson
great

flea001

Guelph, ON
reply to henryswanson
Hi All,

As of this morning I was still not up and running. Been out since Friday and the cable modem is still showing the same symptoms.

I'm in the N1H area as well.

I have a post in the direct forum going -- I will follow up through there first. Otherwise, how can I go about arranging a call back to trouble-shoot? I have VOIP with Vonage (was just about to switch to Teksavvy's unlimited plan). Unfortunately, my cell plan wouldn't support the amount of time needed to sit on hold waiting for a rep without eating all my monthly minutes.

Thanks

Etheric

join:2007-04-16
Guelph, ON
kudos:1
I'm still down since early Friday morning as well, but in the N1E area.

Since I also use VOIP for my home phone, I've had to resort to asking a neighbor to borrow his wireless so I could call tech support.

matazar

join:2011-09-20

1 edit
I had this porblem too. I ended up putting my cellphone in the window (only place I could get reception in the apartment) and was able to post on the Direct forum for support using tethering.

jseddon004

join:2013-09-09
Guelph, ON
reply to henryswanson
N1K is still down as of 6:00 am this morning. I'm at work now so can't check but will when I get home. That's promising news that Guelph connections are coming back online slowly.

Etheric

join:2007-04-16
Guelph, ON
kudos:1
reply to flea001
I am finally back online! Many thanks to tech support for their assistance.

For anyone else in Guelph who is still down, try: unplugging all 3 cables from the modem and leaving it off for at least 5 minutes. Then only attach the coaxial and power and wait until the modem is online. Finally attach a turned off computer which is set to obtain an IP dynamically and turn it on. Good luck!

flea001

Guelph, ON
Good to hear! Thanks for the modem advice -- I'll give this a shot after work.

Cheers

jseddon004

join:2013-09-09
Guelph, ON
reply to jseddon004
Hey guys,

I just got home and can confirm that my internet in Guelph (N1K) is currently back up and running.

flea001

Guelph, ON
Checked as well and I've been up and running and online for a few hours (N1H).

Phew!