spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Fix it
@telus.net

Fix it

Anon

[BC] Ping times

In regard to ping times ... In an age where we need to have low latency in order to benefit from all that can be done with the internet, companies like Telus needs to take latency problems people are having seriously, the only reason they do not, there is no competition. Some people in the city have good connections while others do not, so fix the pipeline to the homes and condos that do not. Telus profits are way up while while at the same time employing overseas workers to further their bottom line and gouge Canadian customers. If the city pipeline which brings water to my residence gets damaged then the city fixes it so I get the same water as everyone else. Telus needs to fix old infrastructure to city buildings so everyone gets quality service.
Nick96
join:2012-06-04
Edmonton, AB

Nick96

As far as I know most of the latency is being caused by interleaving (error correction) that is always turned on on Telus DSL connections, so there isn't really anything they can fix. They might be able to improve their peering, but probably never will.