All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
zolder82
join:2013-09-06
Orleans, ON

zolder82

[Cable] Connection issues wait times unacceptable unless...

Just for sh*ts and giggles I call Rogers and order internet from them and they can have a tech out there TODAY to hook me up, no problem. Teksavvy customers have to wait days if not weeks to get anyone out there to look at their service issues. Nice SLA you guys at Teksavvy negotiated with Rogers. "We'll get to ya when we have a chance and maybe not if we don't feel like it."

Are TSI's customers the only reseller being treated like a red-headed stepchild or does it apply to all 3rd party suppliers using Rogers infrastructure? Is TSI throwing their customers under the bus? Either way this cra*p is plain ridiculous!

DSL here I come!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We are not throwing our customers under the bus obviously..

see here if you haven't already: »[Cable] Delays and Outages - status

I wonder if there are techs who can let us know just how busy they are right now...?
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to zolder82

to zolder82
why would tsi make a paying customer wait to get connected, not financially wise, its a 100% rogers frackup since its rogers who has todo the connection, tsi can only submit the request
zolder82
Orleans, ON

zolder82 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I did give two options. So Rogers is not taking TSI customers requests for service very seriously then. Does TSI have an SLA with Rogers? If so, why are they not holding up their end of the deal? Either way the end user suffers, and at the end of the day we pay TSI the money NOT Rogers so we would hope that action on our part - the paying customer - is being taken. So far a lot of words and apologies have been bantered around on these forums but not much in the way of action by Rogers has been taken. I think they're laughing at TSI and sucking up disgruntled customers like a Dyson. I can has my internet back up today if I sign up with Rogers so there are techs available, just not for TSI customers...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

there are currently no SLA's
zolder82
Orleans, ON

zolder82 to vincom

to vincom
I was just pointing out that Rogers has techs available for new connections but none for TSI customers who are having issues with no connectivity (such as myself). Maybe I didn't convey my point concisely enough but that was my intention, to show that if it wasn't a TSI lack of effort then it must be Rogers not giving a flying f*** about TSI customers.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

gotcha. Its a good question. So, you're asking why there are available techs on the one hand, but not on the other?
amonster
join:2013-09-05

amonster to zolder82

to zolder82
The issue is that Robbers *does not want* service sharing. They were (rightly) forced into it. Problem is that the stick they were forced with does not include [enforceable] reasonable-quality-of-service provisions, so they drag their feet as much as they figure they can get away with.

KC_
join:2013-06-10
Mississauga, ON

KC_

this reminds me of the old communist way of running things behind the "iron curtain" in not so distant past.. Isn't there really anything we can do about it? Guess it would have to get "bloody" before anything changes.. LOL (not really)

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

gotcha. Its a good question. So, you're asking why there are available techs on the one hand, but not on the other?

but not on the other? If that hand is Not Rogers then why should it be available? If Rogers provide great service to TSI then they are hurting their own business.

I dont blame Rogers in these TPIA cases.
If I was in Rogers shoes I will do every bit what Rogers is doing. in legal way.

Here TSI has yet to prove what Rogers is doing is illegal or not as per the rules by CRTC or whoever.

TSI is losing PR war.
The more TSI takes away teh Rogers/Bell business the more we see this till its stopped in courts.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by loosedobbs:

said by TSI Marc:

but not on the other? If that hand is Not Rogers then why should it be available? If Rogers provide great service to TSI then they are hurting their own business.

I dont blame Rogers in these TPIA cases.
If I was in Rogers shoes I will do every bit what Rogers is doing. in legal way.

Here TSI has yet to prove what Rogers is doing is illegal or not as per the rules by CRTC or whoever.

TSI is losing PR war.
The more TSI takes away teh Rogers/Bell business the more we see this till its stopped in courts.

I think you're making my case for me. Please. continue.
Expand your moderator at work

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul to zolder82

to zolder82

Re: [Cable] Connection issues wait times unacceptable unless...

SLA?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to loosedobbs

Premium Member

to loosedobbs

said by loosedobbs:

If Rogers provide great service to TSI then they are hurting their own business.

Have you seen the rates Rogers charges TSI? It's not like Rogers does all this for nothing. They get the install fees. They get per connection fees. They get capacity-based fees. Few charge more.

It's just that they want it ALL, which is a classic symptom of an oligopoly member.

The problem really isn't Rogers though. They just do what greedy corporations always do.

The problem here is the regulator that oversees them is corrupt. That is the ONLY problem.

Mike

KC_
Mississauga, ON

KC_ to loosedobbs

to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

Buddy, I sincerely hope your job/livelihood does not depend on making all these posts here... cause if it does - all I can say is I feel sorry for you..

We've seen this happen at Bell where employees were forced to do things they did not want to do:
»openmedia.ca/blog/big-te ··· campaign

Seems that you have an agenda here as well, pity...
Nevertheless, your posts make for good reading and hopefully your boss rewards you greatly for your efforts!

Cheers.
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

there are currently no SLA's

See, this is the entire problem. Why are there NO SLA's. Every company has an SLA of some sort when dealing with another business. It's a B2B SLA. You are in a contractual agreement with Rogers, however the agreement seems to be grossly one way. You pay Rogers for a service to which you're getting half-ass in return. So Rogers is walking away with your (my) money and saying "see ya" without delivering.

The TPIA model will not hold up in the long run if SLA's are not implemented. Mark my words.

Marc, your business should absolutely depend on SLA's. If Rogers isn't willing to play ball, you pitch to the CRTC. Enough of the shenanigans as we're the ones paying the price.

So far, we've been given bub kiss as to why these random disconnects and lackadaisical support from Rogers exists. I type this after suffering yet another random daily disconnect.

KC_
Mississauga, ON

KC_

said by camelot:

If Rogers isn't willing to play ball, you pitch to the CRTC

One little detail that was already mentioned here about million times... CRTC is being fed from the big three's pockets.. You think they're gonna willingly shoot themselves in the foot and regulate this "business"?? I don't think so, we need to get rid of CRTC in the first place..
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot

said by KC_:

I don't think so, we need to get rid of CRTC in the first place..

Completely different argument. It's because of pitches to the CRTC that we've gotten this far, and with much lower DSL prices than ever before. The push needs to continue- what else can we do.

Given the face of the CRTC today, it is much more favourable to a more competitive landscape.

KC_
Mississauga, ON

KC_

Agreed, but.. judging by how Rogers holds TSI and their customers by the balls - CRTC's regulations are... half ass for lack of a better term?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We need to take the issue to the CRTC and see what happens.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to zolder82

to zolder82
said by zolder82:

Nice SLA you guys at Teksavvy negotiated with Rogers

Teksavvy (and other TPIA providers) get what the CRTC forces Rogers to give them.
Glamarca
join:2013-09-07
Ottawa, ON

Glamarca to zolder82

to zolder82
It's a bit unnerving to hear about all these delays in tech visits, my internet went down on Friday and was told my window for a tech would come on one of 9/9, 9/10, 9/11. So far all is silent, and my friend with the same issue waited a over a week past his estimated dates.

At this point it's a bit dishonest to give estimates like that. Especially since I work from home a lot and this is causing more than a few scheduling issues.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to dillyhammer

to dillyhammer
said by dillyhammer:

said by loosedobbs:

If Rogers provide great service to TSI then they are hurting their own business.

Have you seen the rates Rogers charges TSI? It's not like Rogers does all this for nothing. They get the install fees. They get per connection fees. They get capacity-based fees. Few charge more.

It's just that they want it ALL, which is a classic symptom of an oligopoly member.

The problem really isn't Rogers though. They just do what greedy corporations always do.

The problem here is the regulator that oversees them is corrupt. That is the ONLY problem.

Mike

Regulators are not doing much about this issue may be true.
Corrupt has different meaning. Are they doing it in exchange of something? We dont know but we can just allege they do what they do.
They are doing what they can do under the guidelines. Or if TPIA proves the Rogers practices are illegal then they will take action.
So is my point about this will continue unless TSI stops them in Court of law.

Big Three has stong hold on the regulators is all I can say.
loosedobbs

loosedobbs to KC_

to KC_
said by KC_:

said by loosedobbs:

Buddy, I sincerely hope your job/livelihood does not depend on making all these posts here... cause if it does - all I can say is I feel sorry for you..

We've seen this happen at Bell where employees were forced to do things they did not want to do:
»openmedia.ca/blog/big-te ··· campaign

Seems that you have an agenda here as well, pity...
Nevertheless, your posts make for good reading and hopefully your boss rewards you greatly for your efforts!

Cheers.

Whatever man. You have right to ignone and right to post whatever.

All I can say is I hate TSI business model. You cant create a business when base is Rogers and Bell and try to crush them too.
said by KC_:

said by camelot:

If Rogers isn't willing to play ball, you pitch to the CRTC

One little detail that was already mentioned here about million times... CRTC is being fed from the big three's pockets.. You think they're gonna willingly shoot themselves in the foot and regulate this "business"?? I don't think so, we need to get rid of CRTC in the first place..

fed with what ? Gifts, cash? Until you have prove this post has no meaning.

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1 to zolder82

to zolder82
said by zolder82:

Just for sh*ts and giggles I call Rogers and order internet from them and they can have a tech out there TODAY to hook me up, no problem. Teksavvy customers have to wait days if not weeks to get anyone out there to look at their service issues. Nice SLA you guys at Teksavvy negotiated with Rogers. "We'll get to ya when we have a chance and maybe not if we don't feel like it."

Are TSI's customers the only reseller being treated like a red-headed stepchild or does it apply to all 3rd party suppliers using Rogers infrastructure? Is TSI throwing their customers under the bus? Either way this cra*p is plain ridiculous!

DSL here I come!

It's just Teksavvy, VMedia had my Docsis 3.0 modem provisioned and internet install by Rogers in 8 days. No issues at all, the tech showed and all. The install was recent August 19th.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to KPaul

Premium Member

to KPaul
said by KPaul:

SLA?

The mighty SLA (Service Level Agreement); yes I know you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that they know that you know that I know that we all know that its kinda like one of them unicorny thingys eh?

Nope there isn't one. Its a myth. A ghost. A figment. Something draged out of the imaginarium. Nod, Nod, yes nod with me. You and I and We and They and everyone else knows - SLA doesn't exist anywheres for ANY TPIA evar. Nod Nod Nod ... ad infinitum.

Maybe, on another planet - in another universe - in another galaxy - far far far away in away land someplace it exist. But no, not here on our glorious bizario Earth planetoid orb among the trees, dirt , plants, animals and fishes.

But, what if it did exist? What then? How does that change anything?
rilles
join:2009-04-27
Waterloo, ON

rilles to zolder82

to zolder82

well.... I'm on week 2 waiting for my cable modem to be provisioned.. but I'm not in a panic yet.. my old 3web modem is still working... seems rogers is slow even disconnecting. Looks like in August Rogers either got overloaded with tickets or put TPIAs on the back burner to irritate TPIA customers and bring them back into their fold.
zolder82
Orleans, ON

zolder82 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Internet out since last Thursday. Still waiting for my 3 day (or is it week) service window call....tap...tap...tap! What a cock-up this is turning out to be.