Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JVRudnick

join:2004-01-12
Waterdown, ON

West Coast Channels - taken away?

Hi all...

Like many others I too was pissed that Cogeco used the seperation of the west coast major channels (NBC etc) as a cash grab and deleted them from the basic package. And yes like others I was happy to back in mid July call that 1-800 # and get them back for free.

But we just moved...to a new location still in Waterdown about 1 mile away...and lost same.

Cogeco says that any of us who "took" this offer can NOT move and expect to continue this deal...

THAT really sucks. Could someone from Cogeco pls respond with WHY you can't do that for us ???

I had to agree to pay the extra $10 monthly on my bill...sigh...yet I had signed up for the free access to same.....all I did was move...kept the same account etc etc...but still got stiffed....

Anyone help me out here?

jim

Bttercallsal

@start.ca

Oh, you're looking for the cogeco VIP service only available to select few customers. Ask jeinsenburg in this thread »Kudos to Cogeco Retention CSR

He seems to say the magic words that get you VIP deals at cogeco.

Good luck.

Hamilton1

join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON
reply to JVRudnick

No he's not looking for that deal he's referring to The West Coast Feeds that switched over to a theme pack.

When I called back in July Cogeco specifically told me that if I ever moved that the deal would become null and void and that I would have to pay for the theme pack after that.

I know it sucks but in this Case Cogeco made it very clear that you would lose the west coast channels if you "MOVED" for any reason.

I hope someone from Cogeco can help you and you get the channels back, but in this case I have my doubts.... Good luck to you.

JVRudnick

Waterdown, ON
reply to JVRudnick

So...could a Cogeco person here reply?

I have no idea as to why this would happen...same account, same person, same everything - except the street address....which you've updated already.

And when I called back in July - NO ONE ever said 'you can't move' to me....

Help here please?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

OP deserves an answer, this is a bona fide gripe.

Same account. Same person. Same every damn thing except the postal code. Removing pre-existing channels, if they are still available, is unconscionable.

Don't make him switch to Shaw Direct!

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

Mehnotreally

@start.ca

said by dillyhammer:

OP deserves an answer, this is a bona fide gripe.

Meh..not really. I think he knows the answer already. He says in his first post that "cogeco said" if he moves he loses the offer then says cogeco never told him.

Seems he didn't like the answer he got on the phone and is hoping a cogeco employee here will give him a different one.

JVRudnick

Waterdown, ON
reply to JVRudnick

Mehnotreally - sorry you missed my point..

when I got the west coast channels back in July - no one said ANYTHING about losing my account access if I moved...

when I called to complain just a few days ago, after our move, THEN Cogeco said "if you've moved you lose the offer.." I mean that this was said AFTER I got the deal....about 70 days after actually..

so...why? far as I can see I've NO diff tween my old account and this new one-except yeah the street address...

so...Cogeco...why? this is another cash grab only....why?

Jim

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

1 edit

You may not get an answer here.

For what it's worth, Shaw Direct will throw all manner of goodies at you to scoff your business from Cogeco. For example, I got 2 HD receivers, plus the dish and full install, for under $40 (basically the taxes), I owned the receivers, and I got a package that put Cogeco to shame. More channels, way better quality HD, for much less money. That's a fact. If you have Cogeco internet you can consider switching to an independent like Start, just to drive the point home.

And BTW, you can put anonymous posters on ignore if you like. I just don't bother with them. If someone doesn't want to sign their comment or begrudges DSLr a measly 10 bucks, they don't get my eyeballs.

Mike
--

Expand your moderator at work

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6
reply to JVRudnick

Re: West Coast Channels - taken away?

If you move, it is no longer the same account. When you receive your first bill for the new address, it will show a different account number.

The West Coast channels were a limited time offer until July 30th, 2013 at which point, they were no longer offered. If the account is moved from one address to another, we unfortunately cannot reactivate the service at the new address.

WiFi
It's In The Air

join:2002-06-06
NiagaraFalls
Reviews:
·ikTel Networks
·Start Communicat..
reply to JVRudnick

Cogeco is in breach of contract by removing services without notice AND for continuing to charge you the premium for those services that you purchased. CRTC complaint is the way to go or take them to small claims court. Play the game with them - go to court, tell the judge you are not ready to proceed, get a continuance. Do this three or four times. Fact is, Cogeco will be paying at least $300/h for lawyers! STICK IT TO THEM!
--
Type slowwer..I can't keep up!
-----------------------------
CANADA TPIA (cable Internet reseller industry) is under attack! If you want to keep ISP competition, contact CRTC, your MP, Industry Minister and Prime Minister's office NOW!

WiFi
It's In The Air

NiagaraFalls
Reviews:
·ikTel Networks
·Start Communicat..
reply to Cogeco_Aaron

said by Cogeco_Aaron:

If you move, it is no longer the same account. When you receive your first bill for the new address, it will show a different account number.

The West Coast channels were a limited time offer until July 30th, 2013 at which point, they were no longer offered. If the account is moved from one address to another, we unfortunately cannot reactivate the service at the new address.

BULL! It's BREACH OF CONTRACT! Cogeco changes the account numbers to try to get away with BS like this. It does not change the fact they are the SAME customer that are paying the SAME premium for a service that Cogeco offered them!
--
CANADA TPIA (cable Internet reseller industry) is under attack! If you want to keep ISP competition, contact CRTC, your MP, Industry Minister and Prime Minister's office NOW!

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to JVRudnick

said by JVRudnick:

so...Cogeco...why?

Not a very nice an$wer eh? Very typical of Cogeco.

Call Shaw Direct and let them know you're an unhappy Cogeco customer.

Mike
--

WiFi
It's In The Air

NiagaraFalls
Reviews:
·ikTel Networks
·Start Communicat..
reply to Cogeco_Aaron

said by Cogeco_Aaron:

I just remembered that when I moved a few years ago, I transferred my Cogeco cable to the new residence, my account# changed, however, all of the promo packages stayed as they were. I moved again just 3yrs ago, same thing!

A contract is a TWO WAY agreement. Terms and conditions are applicable to BOTH parties. If you had an agreement with them and you were not in breach, then Cogeco breached the agreement.
--

Hamilton1

join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

Way back in May when Cogeco sent around the notice informing us that the west coast feeds would change over to a theme pack and the price would be $10 if you wanted it, I was so upset I called the CRTC to file a complaint. The CRTC said that Cogeco can charge any price that they want for any service they want, and there wasn't anything the the CRTC could do to them or for us the customer.

You may say sue them in small claims, but if you loose your responsible for your court costs as well as their costs and who knows with their shiny high priced lawyers you could be the one stuck with a nice big bill at the end of it.

Sometime you just can't fight city hall and if your not happy and mad then the best thing to do is move on.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to WiFi

said by WiFi:

A contract is a TWO WAY agreement. Terms and conditions are applicable to BOTH parties. If you had an agreement with them and you were not in breach, then Cogeco breached the agreement.

I strongly suggest both you and the OP review the Cogeco Terms & Conditions as set out on their website,

»www.cogeco.ca/export/sites/cogec···0901.pdf

Anyone who uses their services is bound by those terms. Let me boil it down for you:

1. Cogeco can do whatever the fsck they want, and
2. They need only notify you on what they are going to do, and
3. Your only recourse is to a) cancel according to the Terms & Conditions, or b) continue using the service according to the Terms & Conditions

Mike

--