Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy to CR Hawkeye

to CR Hawkeye

Re: [Cable TV] Free HBO Weekend??

said by CR Hawkeye:

Chad, thanks for looking into this. I'm curious about your answer though:

"Thank you. Unfortunately you will need a Mediacom rented Cable box to view these channels during the free preview."

According to previous posts "Bierboy" and "kwbelt1", they are able to view with Tivo's. So, is this correct? Do you need a Cable box to view FREE HBO preview?

Reason we can see it is because we have CableCARDS in our TiVos...and we pay to rent them (albeit less than a box; we pay $1.99/card)....

The Mediacom boxes have CableCARDS inside them.
CR Hawkeye
join:2008-01-16
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR Hawkeye

Funny, because I have 3 Tivos with Cable Cards and I can't get a (real) reason why I couldn't get the free preview. Chad?

Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

Sorry I missed your post indicating you had a TiVo with CableCARD...

kwbelt1
join:2006-06-03
Harrisburg, IL

kwbelt1 to CR Hawkeye

to CR Hawkeye
No idea why the Chads said you have to have a cable box.
But, I had to have my card paired about 5 times before one of the Chads got it right. I couldn't get a lot of the analog channels, one repair got those back. Then I couldn't get the analog showtime/starz channels. Three repairs later one of them got it working for me... Maybe it was a bad provision?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to CR Hawkeye

Premium Member

to CR Hawkeye
Hey CR Hawkeye, I know we've gone over this a bit more in our IMs, but I wanted to touch base here as well and make sure everything was squared away now. There's definitely no reason these shouldn't have come through your CableCards over the weekend, sorry for the misinformation!