share rss forum feed

kvnpark

join:2007-08-07
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms

Fax only Landline Recommendation

We're looking for a fax line for our office in Toronto.
We currently have Bell line with 1000 NA LD minute package and it costs $91.04 including HST.

Can someone recommend a provider that offers competitive rate for a single phone line?

It's only going to be used for faxing and we use less than 500 minutes according to our Bell bills.

Thank you.

GreenEnvy22

join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Do you need a physical fax line?
A much cheaper option is to use one of the many virtual fax providers. You get a phone# people fax to, and you just get an email with it attached when someone faxes to it (or you can login to a portal to get it).
For sending, some you email to a certain address and some have software for faxing.

We dumped all our (about a dozen) fax lines at work and just do this now.

smackYYZ

join:2010-03-31
Brampton, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to kvnpark

We use J2 also known as eFax. Pricing isn't bad, $18 month, which includes 150 pages in & 150 pages out, after that it is .10 / page. And that is to anywhere.

You set up your account, and give it all the email addresses that can send faxes, and which email account to send all inbounds to. Set the machine ID and whether to include a cover page.

You can recieve them as pdf's or tif files, and send tif, pdf, html or straight text.

They also have an app that you can use, but I haven't used it in years.

We have a corporate account, with about 20 fax numbers, in different countries, so in country for our clients and a few for specific people. I've used them for over 10 years and have been happy.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to kvnpark

Virtual faxing is the way to go, albeit I've had zero (yes, literally zero) issues using voip.ms for faxing with an Obi202 ATA. Set the fax machine to 14.4 and even with ECM enabled everything has been flawless going both ways.

kvnpark

join:2007-08-07
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms
reply to GreenEnvy22

said by GreenEnvy22:

Do you need a physical fax line?
A much cheaper option is to use one of the many virtual fax providers. You get a phone# people fax to, and you just get an email with it attached when someone faxes to it (or you can login to a portal to get it).
For sending, some you email to a certain address and some have software for faxing.

We dumped all our (about a dozen) fax lines at work and just do this now.

We actually already have virtual fax lines. We have eFax and 3 more from Acrovoice. We receive all faxes to email.

The physical machine is only for sending. All incoming faxes get forwarded to virtual lines.

Sometimes, it's just more convenient to use the fax machine than to scan, save, attach and email. We get a lot of physical paperwork that we need to process, and it's just faster. The physical line also serves as a back up when our internet is down because we have VoIP.

smackYYZ

join:2010-03-31
Brampton, ON

Use a standalone scanner that has a net connection, like "Brother Printer MFC7360N Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax and built in Networking", which you can scan and have it mail it to efax. For under $200

GreenEnvy22

join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to kvnpark

Well then you should be able to get a cheaper line (I think we pay $35) for a business phone line from Allstream. We just pay long distance on the outbound faxes on it, not sure the rate off the top of my head, but it's not much.
There may be other cheaper options out there, but thats the one i know of.