All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul

[Cable] question regarding switching over

My billing date is the 17th, I was told on a previous call to TSI to wait until October to cancel as this way I wouldn't be charged the extra month. If I cancelled now, it would be effective immediately. If I asked for them to wait 10 days as I remember hearing Start would need, I would incur that extra month.

On the chance that I cancelled today, flat out gone with TSI, how long would it take before I could have my modem switched over to Start, without paying that activation fee? (I assume I'd be paying as I'd have no internet, though it would just get cut)

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

If your old provider is cancelled sooner than the 10 business days then the transfer would be rejected and you'd be stuck with the install. Also please note the outage scenario when moving an existing modem that is in use with another provider. I've updated the transfer FAQ at »FAQ Cable transfers with a grid that shows the different options for install vs transfer and active vs new modem. If you have any questions just let us know - thanks.

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul

So simply put, what is the best thing for me to do? I was thinking wait until October 2nd, the give me 10 days, which would put me at the 17th (10 business days).

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Sure, although it's cutting it close - ie 10 days is the minimum. I'd probably recommend giving yourself a couple extra days.