spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Elvasoshexai

join:2011-12-11

[Outages] Cable outage in Markham?

is there an outage in markham? havent been able to get an IP all day. all lights on the modem are on. im directly connected to modem and i can connect to modem by setting static ip.

moozh84

join:2008-06-01
Yes, I'm in Markham and I can't get an IP as of this morning for my cable connection.

xcites

join:2008-02-13
earth

1 edit
reply to Elvasoshexai
markham. down since morning.

dns issue?

xcites

earth
reply to Elvasoshexai
Hi Guys,

Waited on hold for Teksavvy for 1.5 hours. After getting through.... I'm told they haven't heard anything about Markham being down. Then the usual do this, do that, read signal numbers, etc.

So guess not many are affected? Or not enough ppl are calling in? Not sure what's going on.

Elvasoshexai

reply to Elvasoshexai
i waited on hold 45 min and used the callback. they called back 2hra later and after going thro diag,said they dont see an issue. that there is no reported outage in my area (L6G).

all they said is my modem firmware is no longer supported by rogers and will ship me a new modem... but that could mean 3-5 days without internet and might not even solve the problem.

he said they can only ask rogers to do further diag after i get a new modem... this is not what i want to hear >

after i got off the phone. i ended up doing a factory reset and now the online led on my dcm475 keeps blinking... did i just make my situation worse? all lights were on previously

Amadaeus

join:2009-05-14
reply to Elvasoshexai
Folks:
CALL TEKSAVVY IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

I'm L6G, and have been out all day. The online light was blinking when I woke up this morning, and the lights were all solid when I came home. However, the IP I got was a 169.x.x.x IP, and I had no DNS servers registered. Hence, no internet.

They are trying to build a case to go to Rogers with. PLEASE CALL IN AND REPORT YOUR ISSUE. There are at least two TS customers in my building experiencing this.

DigitalRain

join:2013-03-16
reply to xcites
said by xcites:

Hi Guys,

Waited on hold for Teksavvy for 1.5 hours. After getting through.... I'm told they haven't heard anything about Markham being down. Then the usual do this, do that, read signal numbers, etc.

So guess not many are affected? Or not enough ppl are calling in? Not sure what's going on.

As per this map, a lot of Markham lies within the region serviced by the Newkirk head end, which has been impacted by outages the past few days.

»maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ··· 0c3d07cb

xcites

earth
reply to Elvasoshexai
I'm using the Motorola SB6121. They asked for the firmware version and such, and didn't see a problem.

I'm also in the L6G (circa/eco/majestic).

My lights are also solid, but no real IP assigned.

Wake up TEKSAVVY! It's a problem! Don't tell us it's not.

DigitalRain

1 edit
said by xcites:

I'm using the Motorola SB6121. They asked for the firmware version and such, and didn't see a problem.

I'm also in the L6G (circa/eco/majestic).

My lights are also solid, but no real IP assigned.

Wake up TEKSAVVY! It's a problem! Don't tell us it's not.

Just because there's no known outage doesn't mean that there's no problem. If your modem logs are giving you DHCP failed messages or received response to broadcast maintenance request but no unicast, there most definitely is a problem. They just don't have enough tickets open to create a master ticket with Rogers.

I see, conversely, that L6G lies west of the highway 67, which as per sbrook's POI map does put it within Newkirk, in which there ARE known outages and in which there is a master ticket open. It seems the existing outages impacted people with L4* postal codes, so I would hazard a guess that some new nodes are starting to act up.

DigitalRain

reply to Elvasoshexai
said by Elvasoshexai:

i waited on hold 45 min and used the callback. they called back 2hra later and after going thro diag,said they dont see an issue. that there is no reported outage in my area (L6G).

all they said is my modem firmware is no longer supported by rogers and will ship me a new modem... but that could mean 3-5 days without internet and might not even solve the problem.

he said they can only ask rogers to do further diag after i get a new modem... this is not what i want to hear >

Rogers will not allow TekSavvy to open a ticket if your modem has a firmware version that's no longer supported. That your modem has unsupported firmware, however, has nothing to do with why you're not online.

It sounds as though you are currently having some sort of DHCP issue that should be fixed remotely, so it wouldn't surprise me if you get back online with your current modem prior to your receiving the new modem. Either way, I'd strongly advise you to let them provision your new modem and to start using it once it's active, as if ever you need a service call from an on-site cable technician, you won't be able to get one without your modem's having a supported firmware version.

Amadaeus

reply to Elvasoshexai
Still no valid IP for my modem this morning. We're now over 24 hours of outage in L6G.

Coolin

join:2008-04-06
L6G here too. I was down this morning, but I rebooted my modem and router and seem to be connected again.

Elvasoshexai

reply to Elvasoshexai
Still no service this morning either. There is definitely an issue, because when I checked my modem event log, as of yesterday before going to bed, it has beenthrowing a bunch of issues related to DHCP etc. all day

However, it seems that Rogers customers in the same area are getting service?

I'll try rebooting the modem again, but I've been doing it all night to no avail. Hopefully it's back up when I get home.

thunderca

@lightpath.net
I am out since 4:30 sept 9. There is outage
»support.teksavvy.com/posts/63891 ··· s/public

extreme911

join:2013-09-09
Maple, ON
reply to Elvasoshexai
Looks like blame it all on Rogers story from Teksavvy are getting old. If that kind of outage will happen again within next 2 years, I'm going back to Bell/Rogers. Did not have a single outage with bell for more than 6 years. 2+ days without Internet is not acceptable nowadays. I hate rogers/bell for their monopolistic behaviours... But Teksavvy is not an option with that kind of service

thunderca

join:2013-09-10
Markham, ON
reply to Elvasoshexai
Still no internet. I have try calling 3 times and the 24/7 Technical Support: 1-877-357-2889 can't even be reached. It looks like everyone is calling.

This is the 2nd internet issues I have with teksavvy in 5 years. The first time it took like 7 days to fix. It was a DSL line. Bell switched my line to another server and screwed something up, it took bell tech a few visit before it was fixed. I switched to cable a few years ago. It seems like every 3 years there is a major issues with teksavvy. It might not be teksavvy fault but it is an issue.

xcites

earth
reply to Elvasoshexai
This is the longest I've been without dsl/cable service I've had cable internet since the @Home days.

So guess I'm lucky in that sense.

Thank god for phone tethering and a 6gb LTE plan. At least I can do the basics.

Amadaeus

reply to Elvasoshexai
L6G is STILL DOWN AFTER 3 DAYS. A cursory acknowledgement through my direct forum post was made.

TS - WHAT IS GOING ON?

ltree

join:2011-04-18
reply to Elvasoshexai
Hi, another L6G user coming here to check what's going on. I have had the outage for about 2 days now. Struggling to manage with phone tethering too.

Any latest comments from TS?

Elvasoshexai

reply to Elvasoshexai
still without internet when i left for work this morning... 3rd day now

As another user posted, I've also been on cable since the Shaw @home days, and this is the longest outage I've ever had.

Other than just waiting for Rogers to take their time to fix this, is TSI doing anything to escalate/expedite so that it gets resolved ASAP? looking at the outage page, that's a huge area affected by this.

I'm not looking forward to experiencing a week+ outage which I seem to have read on here happened in other areas.

xcites

earth

2 edits
seriously... i'm a little upset right now:

Teksavvy tweeted that they don't have issues in Markham

thunderca

Markham, ON
reply to Elvasoshexai
Anyone can confirm it is working now?
After 19 hours on my initial post, they finally responded my post on instructions on doing some testing on the modem.
Their 24/7 Technical Support: 1-877-357-2889 phone line actually works.
I cannot find their outage page in their company web site.

motomandd

join:2013-03-04
Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by thunderca:

I cannot find their outage page in their company web site.

»secure.teksavvy.com/tools/en/sta ··· tusb.asp

thunderca

Markham, ON
reply to Elvasoshexai
Confirmed. It is still not working. At least for my case.

xcites

earth

1 edit
reply to Elvasoshexai
Update: Internet back up for me now (working)!

2.5 days outage.

Interesting. My ip used to be 24.xx, now it's 198.xx. Almost thought it was a mistake.

MJB

join:2012-01-29
it's good for teksavvy to stand up for internet access in canada... it's hard fighting corporate greedy interest's like bell/rogers/shaw/telus/videotron/cogeco..... keep up the work..

Elvasoshexai

reply to Elvasoshexai
still not working for me. No IP. xcites: where r u located?

xcites

earth
L6G - Warden/HWY7

shockwave23

@bell.ca
Going 3 days without internet, also at L6G, Warden and hwy 7. Notified them two days ago along with my friend who also live in my building and has the same issue. I got a called from teksavvy today and instructed me to leave my computer on and have the modem plug directly into my laptop for 'Rogers' so they can do diagnostics on the connection...

Amadaeus

reply to Elvasoshexai
I am now close to 96 hours of outage in L6G.

I'm not getting anything but excuses from TS. I called Monday night, and waiting over 90 minutes until I got a tech. because of the wait, my call flipped over midnight to Tuesday, and that means my call is actually logged on September 10. I have to WAIT ANOTHER 24 HOURS BECAUSE OF NO FAULT OF MY OWN until they can actually escalate this.

This absurd, and all I"m getting in the direct thread are excuses about Rogers.