skuly1775
@comcast.net

skuly1775

Anon

[Connectivity] Arris wbm760 modem issue..sw download init? firmw

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
my wbm760a modem won't stay connected..the even log shows my modem tries to download sw.

sometiems it shows "Disruption during SW download - Power Failure"

comcast says my modem is broken or my line has an issue.. it's possible but I think maybe comcast is sending my modem wrong config or it needs a firmware update.. only the isp can update the firmware but every comcast agent/tech i talked to said they can't push a firmware update.

I can't take talking to tech support on the phone anymore.. they drive me crazy.

I think there is a good chance comcast just needs to look at the config file they are sending my modem, i can't understand all the information my modem gives me so i can't be sure it's configured correctly by comcast. I'm attaching picture of information my modem gives me.

I was coerced into signing up for customer care tech support.. I was told by a tier 2 support agent that she could see the problem with my modem and if i pay i can talk to someone in tech support who will walk me through "configuring my network" seemed like she was saying my computer needs to be configured.. she didn't know what she was talking about but got upset because i was arguing with her about the fact i am pretty confident Its not a matter of walking me through "configuring my network"

I asked to talk to an supervisor or a different tier 2 agent and she put me on hold a minute and said none are available and since I am arguing with her and didn't want to pay to talk to this guy she said she has on the other line all she can do is transfer me back to a tier 1 agent.

So i said let me talk to this guy, i want to see if she bs'ing me.
I knew she didn't know what she was talking about but i figured maybe if they expect me to pay to talk to these guys they can help.

I talked to two tech guys on the phone both don't seem to know anything about pushing firmware to my modem and think my modem is just faulty.
skuly
join:2003-04-09
Chicago, IL

skuly

Re: [Connectivity] Arris wbm760 modem issue..sw download init? f

Click for full size
I forgot the event log
skuly

skuly to skuly1775

to skuly1775
Solved
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

What was the solution?
skuly
join:2003-04-09
Chicago, IL

1 edit

skuly to skuly1775

to skuly1775
Click for full size
Apparently force the modem to download an older version of the 7.x firmware, then it was able to upgrade to the current.

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by skuly:

Apparently force the modem to download an older version of the 7.x firmware, then it was able to upgrade to the current.

This is 110% correct.. The 760 CAN NOT go from WBM030248_111709_MODEL_7 Build time of 2009 to the latest code without a "double pump". Comcast needs to upgrade to a 7.1.32 I do believe before the next upgrade..

I have a script that I run when users hit me up for this issue, it does an upgrade to the 7.1.32 first then 7.4.63A second..