spc
Search similar:

uniqs
frapso
join:2004-03-09
Barrie, ON

frapso

[Cable] email down?

Is there a problem with email ,or is it just me.
dwturner
join:2007-08-21
Hamilton, ON

dwturner

Not just you, I'm on DSL. It was down earlier today, then back up for a while, and now it's down again.

@Teksavvy - this is getting a little tedious.
frapso
Barrie, ON

frapso

fluffybunny
@teksavvy.com

fluffybunny to frapso

Anon

to frapso
its just you not signing up for gmail.
frapso
Barrie, ON

frapso

Ah when you assume you make an.........have gmail as backup maybe I should have it as primary.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to frapso

Premium Member

to frapso
There are LOTS of more reliable and faster email services out there. Use one. No one cares you have a @teksavvy email address. NO ONE WILL CARE IF YOU SWITCH TO GMAIL.

If you give me the excuse that "i've been using it for years so all my friends and family and junk and blah blah blah is there" I will slap you. Slap you for not knowing how to email, and using one anyways.

Gwai Lo Dan
join:2007-01-24
Mississauga, ON

Gwai Lo Dan

Do you also think that porting a phone number (i.e., keeping your old number) is worthy of a slap?
frapso
Barrie, ON

frapso

Gwai Lo Dan
join:2007-01-24
Mississauga, ON

Gwai Lo Dan

Down again.

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL to frapso

to frapso
yes ...
kdr65
Premium Member
join:2004-10-03
East York, ON

2 edits

kdr65 to frapso

Premium Member

to frapso
It's out daily for me, quite frequently during the evenings. Outgoing seems to work...just not incoming. Everything else works fine and no other complaints. Just wish they could figure it out.

EDIT: Tonight is the worst email has been in some time.

pussim13
join:2013-08-19
Waterloo, ON

pussim13 to frapso

to frapso
Is there a problem with email ,or is it just me.

Np it's not you..the fucking email hasn't worked properly for months...either you can't receive or you can't send and sometimes both servers are fucked...you call tech support and they walk you through the same old crap....no issues...everything configured properly....so then you figure..ok..I will use webmail..and that doesn't work either...
Fix this fucking mess now!!!!!
globus999
join:2008-05-15

globus999 to rodjames

to rodjames
said by rodjames:

NO ONE WILL CARE IF YOU SWITCH TO GMAIL.

As usual, you are wrong. There are plenty of services "out-there" that will simply NOT ACCEPT free e-mail accounts. Period. So, one MUST HAVE at least one non-generic e-mail account.
Besides, I am frigging paying for the service!!!

dmbcanada
join:2009-06-01
London, ON
Asus RT-AC66U B1
TP-Link TC-7650

dmbcanada

said by globus999:

As usual, you are wrong. There are plenty of services "out-there" that will simply NOT ACCEPT free e-mail accounts. Period. So, one MUST HAVE at least one non-generic e-mail account.
Besides, I am frigging paying for the service!!!

+ 1 Get this working, never had these problems on the old system!
Expand your moderator at work

davidl
join:2008-07-11
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

davidl to frapso

to frapso

Re: [Cable] email down?

I'll stick with my Teksavvy email, thank you...G00G is evil and gleefully helps Big Brother spy on its users.
cfraser1
join:2010-08-15
Pickering, ON

cfraser1

^ Exactly right. Google refuses not to use your emails for advertising to you. And who knows what else. Using Gmail is like wearing Walmart/Costco-branded jeans, except with Gmail everybody knows for sure...it's nothing to brag about, it's mail service you found in a "dumpster". lol

Yeah, my tek mail has been down for a long time this morning, since before 4am here, which is all I can remember since that's when the coffee kicked in...

Anbugo
@ajkservers.com

Anbugo

Anon

My motto is Anything But Google. With email there is a ton of choices; I use gmx.com myself - it is a German service so can be relied on, and you can use its pop and smtp servers with an email client.

pussim13
Waterloo, ON

pussim13 to cfraser1

to cfraser1
This is ongoing and ongoing...the thing that is so frustrating is the hassle I would have to go through to notify all my customers plus the emails that have been sent to me that I would never receive..so I have to put up with this bullshit...a normal relationship with a supplier is not supposed to work this way...Obviously there are big issues that Teksavvy either didn't anticipate or that they have no clue how to work around...this is truly disgusting and I curse the day a year ago I decided to come on board here..this is a ship of fools.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to davidl

to davidl
said by davidl:

I'll stick with my Teksavvy email, thank you...G00G is evil and gleefully helps Big Brother spy on its users.

Yeah, except they don't. Google hands over information when hit with a court order. TSI will do exactly the same thing.

dmbcanada
join:2009-06-01
London, ON
Asus RT-AC66U B1
TP-Link TC-7650

dmbcanada to frapso

to frapso

Why? When? Where?
mr_hexen
join:2007-08-02
Brampton, ON

mr_hexen to frapso

to frapso
i thought i read on their twitter that they are doing email server maint.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS to The Mongoose

Premium Member

to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

said by davidl:

Yeah, except they don't. Google hands over information when hit with a court order. TSI will do exactly the same thing.

all you know is that you cannot know what & when is sent to NSA, under the threat of arrest.

Savant
Premium Member
join:2001-08-12
Toronto

Savant to frapso

Premium Member

to frapso
Buy a domain name and you'll get free email from many hosts. I pay a buck a month for email (via a domain name) and it never goes down. I get 100meg of storage and unlimited aliases, auto-responders, forwarding, POP3/IMAP etc.

Not to knock Teksavvy at all, but their email is far too unreliable for me.
highwire
join:2013-08-27
Nepean, ON

highwire to frapso

to frapso

Unable to send or receive messages for the xxxxxxxx account. Header download for the 'Notes' folder did not complete. The IMAP server has issued an unrecognized greeting.

Server Response: NO
Server: 'mail.teksavvy.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 143
Secure(SSL): No

All right then.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to frapso

Premium Member

to frapso
What ever happened to old reliable ?
postfix and courier?
Throw in some Amavis and grey listing. Clam-av and pow! Old reliable....
Been running it since 2006

pussim13
Waterloo, ON

pussim13

Since I have no choice but to stay with teksavvy for now...I have transitioned away from using their email teksavvy.com...It hasn't worked properly for the last three months...since this migration stuff started.. and created new email addresses tied to my website..these never go down for the most part....and allow me to keep in contact with my friends and customers...should have done this a while ago..the hassle is notifying everyone of the change...
There used to be a time when you called into tech support and there were no messages informing us of outages....funny how it is the exact opposite now.