spc
uniqs

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

1 recommendation

MJB33 to HiVolt

to HiVolt

[Prices] Re: Rogers HighSpeed: Stop The Ridiculous Price Hikes

people are brain washed by tv ad's so rogers customers won't quit.... it's impossible to convince them to get teksavvy or tpia for basic internet needs.... the problem is the ad's.... teksavvy isn't advertised on television... brain dead people.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

1 edit

TBBroadband

why would you go to TIPA/TK when you're waiting weeks on end for support/upgrades? TIPA is not an option in that case. Who wants to be without service for 3+ weeks with no real answers and a company that is just says nothing is wrong on their end??? In the end you can go to xDSL or back to the MSO directly. So, the OP was right when TIPA is not a true option as you are still stuck waiting on them.

Rogers also still makes $$$ off those TIPA providers so it's not like you're taking any $$ away from them. Just in the end- they can and would pull all connections from those providers.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

1 recommendation

vincom

said by TBBroadband:

why would you go to TIPA/TK when you're waiting weeks on end for support/upgrades? TIPA is not an option in that case. Who wants to be without service for 3+ weeks with no real answers and a company that is just says nothing is wrong on their end??? In the end you can go to xDSL or back to the MSO directly. So, the OP was right when TIPA is not a true option as you are still stuck waiting on them.

Rogers also still makes $$$ off those TIPA providers so it's not like you're taking any $$ away from them. Just in the end- they can and would pull all connections from those providers.

tsi has over 200k customers, yes a small percentage of them will have problems, usually rogers fault,after not paying rogers for 3 months it paid tsi's first bill, now the difference stays in my pocket, almost less than 1/2 of what i was paying robbers, 1 hr of no internet in 6months, with your reasoning there would be no isp's , and there are other companys out there like start. competition outside of the robellus family is what would give robellus incentive to lower prices, getting mad at them but still paying them will do didly squat/

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 recommendation

elitefx

said by vincom:

competition outside of the robellus family is what would give robellus incentive to lower prices, getting mad at them but still paying them will do didly squat/

I know you mean well BUT TPIA PAY Rogers BIG BUCKS for access to the 'last mile'. You're still supporting Rogers.

BTW Rogers thanks you for your ONGOING support through 3rd party access.
vincom
Bolton, ON

3 edits

1 recommendation

vincom

said by elitefx:

said by vincom:

competition outside of the robellus family is what would give robellus incentive to lower prices, getting mad at them but still paying them will do didly squat/

I know you mean well BUT TPIA PAY Rogers BIG BUCKS for access to the 'last mile'. You're still supporting Rogers.

BTW Rogers thanks you for your ONGOING support through 3rd party access.

yes but paying almost less than half to tsi than with robbers, my 300gb plan w/tsi is not metered as they dont have one to monitor your usage(there is no eta when there will be a bandwidth usage meter lol) so its basically unlimited - 25/2 for $45 including tx, i was paying almost $90 to robbers for unlimited 35/3 plan, yes they r still making money from tsi but not as much if i were paying robbers, plus id rather pay an isp then the incumbent.
the more customers that accept robbers crap the more they will crap on its customers
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to vincom

to vincom
You are still supporting the last mile provider though. the ATIPA providers are just a reseller though. Especially if they're not overlaying any thing special like IPTV- such as VMedia.

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

still helps to keep money out of rogers.... so look at this way... vmedia is 60 dollars. now rogers is 77.99 + 30.00 for unlimited or 77.99 + 100 overusage + tv + phone or 77.99 + 10.00 + tv + phone..

so vmedia and atpia are cheaper... plus you can use voip and quit television... internet got hell lot more content.. then tv..
Expand your moderator at work
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband

[Prices] Re: Rogers HighSpeed: Stop The Ridiculous Price Hikes

said by TBBroadband:

the ATIPA providers are just a reseller though.

TPIA providers have wholesale access to the DOCSIS network; being a reseller is a different scenario. You should look in the dictionary and understand what that word means because it doesn't mean what you think it does in this context.
vincom
Bolton, ON

vincom to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

You are still supporting the last mile provider though. the ATIPA providers are just a reseller though. Especially if they're not overlaying any thing special like IPTV- such as VMedia.

whatever, im paying tsi $40 instead of robbers at $80, how much is tsi paying robbers, less than $40, robbers is making alot less off me now and that puts a smile on my face, and get ur facts str8 they are not resellers.
if youre happy paying more than me in supporting rogers then im happy for u.....lol
gotak
join:2011-05-17
L6G 0C5

gotak

Good for you until TSI goes down for you for days with no resolution in sight and next to no support. But then again you can be like me and go back to Rogers at TSI rate because they are offering that now for TSI customers.
Expand your moderator at work