spc
Search similar:

uniqs
blukens
join:2001-11-29
Berryville, VA

1 edit

blukens

[X1-X2] Enable eSATA port for external DVR HD?

I had my eSATA connected to my SA8300 STB with no problems. When I plugged it in, the notice about formatting came on, I clicked yer, and I had tons of room.

I had the X1 STB installed last week and plugged in the eSATA HD, and nothing... I wen to the service menu using the code and I saw the External Device menu, but it was greyed out

Does it require a software upgrade or is it a signal the headend can send?
I use the remote STB to connect to the upstairs DVR, the MoCA connection seems to work OK.

Thanks for reading my issue, I have not tried talking to a service tech yet. I have not had much luck with the telephone service, sometimes they are GREAT, but usually they are clueless since they don't have the info on the local equipment.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich

Re: [X1] Enable eSATA port for external DVR HD?

X1 doesn't support any eSATA drives at all (yet)...also just in case you don't already know - you know you CAN'T move an (existing) eSATA drive from one (anykind) of DVR to another & keep all your existing shows on it.
blukens
Berryville, VA

blukens

Thanks for the info... I did know that we couldn't move the existing shows, even from one DVR to the same kind of DVR. We have lost our recordings even with any type of pushed software /firmware updates... irritating, but at least we understand the issues.

Does anyone know if/when the X1 system will allow the external DVRs? My cynical steak assumes it will be when Comcrass figures out a way to make money on it.... Thanks for the help, it is really good to know that Comcrass techs pay attention.. I just hope you do not get in trouble for it....
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

They probably will never enable the eSATA port. Their new thing is cloud storage, where you get extra storage (that of course would be accessible from any box on your account). That's in beta testing right now as the next evolution of that X1 platform.
blukens
Berryville, VA

blukens

Thanks, makes sense...