Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

4 series based on Oz.

»www.blastr.com/2013-9-9/huh-ther···ks-works

quote:
L. Frank Baum sure is popular lately ...

The Wizard of Oz (and the series it's a part of) has been one of the most adapted stories of all time. And while the book was published in 1900, it's still a thriving masterpiece today.

It's so popular, in fact, that there are four different adaptations in the works right now for television. So far there's been NBC's Emerald City, which puts Dorothy in modern-day New York City; CBS's Dorothy, which is apparently a medical drama, of all things; and Syfy's post-apocalyptic take, Warriors of Oz.

And now The CW is getting in on the action, too, with a series based on Danielle Paige’s forthcoming novel Dorothy Must Die. The adaptation comes from Heroes team TIm Kring, Adam Armus and Norma Kay Foster.

In this take on the classic Baum tale, Dorothy Gale has become the fascist dictator of Oz. The only challenge to her throne is the leader of a resistence movement who comes in the form of yet another teenager from Kansas.

Emerald City sounds kind of boring, as does Dorothy.

Warriors of Oz might be interesting. As they did Tin man and Alice, both interesting takes.

Dorothy must die, might be interesting. But it's a CW show, and I'm the wrong demographic for it.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

PX Eliezer
Premium
join:2013-03-10
Outland
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
·Callcentric
said by Snakeoil:

But it's a CW show, and I'm the wrong demographic for it.

I had no idea The CW was still around. Seriously.

I thought they shut down around the same time as UPN.

DuMont, anyone?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
It was the WB and UPN that combined to make CW.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_CW
quote:
The CW Television Network (commonly shortened to The CW) is an American broadcast television network that launched on September 18, 2006. It is a limited liability joint venture[2] between CBS Corporation, the former owners of the United Paramount Network (UPN), and Time Warner subsidiary Warner Bros. Entertainment, former majority owner of The WB Television Network. The "CW" name is derived from the first letters of the names of these corporations (CBS and Warner Bros.).

Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Arrow, are all examples of current shows on the CW.
I think Supernatural is the only show remaining that is from the old network [I think it was the WB]. All the other ones are gone.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.