how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

davenport90

join:2013-08-23
Cincinnati, OH

Questions about fioptics install

I am switching from clear wire and directv to fioptics. I got a cheaper price for all three of their services phone Internet and tv. I have a total of 7 phone jacks. I have a problem with them intermittent short in them when I had bell a couple years ago. It just caused static. Would that cause problems with the VDSL Signal? Would I be better off paying Cincinnati Bell to run a new phone jack to replace the old ones.

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH
Are you getting FTTN or FTTH? If the web site offers you download options of 50 Mbps and up then it is FTTH.

If you are getting FTTN / VDSL then you really want the VDSL modem as close as possible to the point of entry then only connect internal house phone wiring via a DSL filter.

davenport90

Cincinnati, OH
It is fiber to the node they installed the vrad last summer where I live at it is about 500 feet away from my house

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH
OK - well at 500 feet the line should easily train to 50/5 Mbps - the top 20 Mbps down is reserved for IPTV traffic.

Generally, the closer the VDSL modem is to the demarc the better the line will train and the more reliable the circuit will be.

davenport90

Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for answering my question I will post back my install experience when they install fioptics this comming Thursday